Author: sunnylin01

Should a criminal suspect's face be revealed?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-19 17:24:20 |Display all floors
If someone has not been convicted of an offence, their face should not be made public.

If they are only a suspect, there is a chance that they are innocent, and publicising their face will not benefit anyone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-19 18:41:17 |Display all floors
I've seen many pics on weibo that media usually show the victim's face instead of the suspects ..
I think it's reasonable to show the suspect's face ,let people know what they are look like and be cautious ..

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-5-19 18:49:52 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-5-19 17:24
If someone has not been convicted of an offence, their face should not be made public.

If they are  ...

I agree with you. You know in the uk anyone that has been accused of rape will have their pics all over the newspapers, but even when found the accuser was making it up, the damage has already been done. Their lives have already been destroyed whilst the accuser can continue her life without anyone even knowing what she has done. Recently many blokes have had their lives turned upside down because of this feminist rule...
it could happen to anyone...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-19 18:52:28 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2016-5-19 18:49
I agree with you. You know in the uk anyone that has been accused of rape will have their pics all ...

Unfortunately the press play to the lowest common denominator with that kind of thing.
However, with many high-profile serial molesters/rapists who were subsequently convicted, names prompted more victims to come forward.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-5-19 18:57:10 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-5-19 18:52
Unfortunately the press play to the lowest common denominator with that kind of thing.
However, wi ...

I don't see how  keeping the accused identity secret until after a conviction will stop anyone coming forward with evidence. Falsely accusing men of rape is a damn site more damaging in that respect....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-19 20:16:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-5-20 02:29:48 |Display all floors
It is not right to show their faces until after they have been convicted then their pics should be made as widely available as possible.

In Japan they put pictures of wanted people in local police station windows to try to find them but they do not say why they are wanted.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.