Author: sunnylin01

Why Chinese students are heading to the US?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-17 13:53:18 |Display all floors
samlam Post time: 2016-5-16 11:25
Some of the parents in China ask their kids to go abroad aimlessly. On the other hand, kids have no  ...

Maybe they are not mature but their are not stupid.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-17 13:54:18 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2016-5-16 11:39
It is a matter of "face". Anything that is from the "west" is held up as a trophy for everyone else  ...

Robert is a trophy for a Chinese family
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-17 15:01:54 |Display all floors
I agreed your points and also it will be more and more popular in next few years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-17 15:06:31 |Display all floors
they think American's education is better ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-17 15:53:46 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2016-5-17 15:06
they think American's education is better ..

far better than Chinese universities

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-17 19:29:31 |Display all floors

Most Chinese students return to China for jobs after studying abroad.

Students from China make up a tremendous proportion of international students on campuses across the globe. The Ministry of Education has released a blue paper on the trends of Chinese students going abroad for education and coming home for jobs. Zhong Shi joins me in the studio with more details.

Q1. Talk to us about the trends outlined in the blue paper.

A1. Let me start with the trend that most of those educated abroad, or 80 percent specifically, choose to come back to China for employment after graduation. According to the blue paper, more women choose to come home than men. About 60 percent of all returnees are female. And those coming home to join the job market have fancy degrees to back them up. Eighty percent of those returning have a master’s. Ten percent have a doctorate. Just less than 10 percent come home with only a bachelor’s degree. In terms of what countries are the most popular destinations. The top 5 are the UK, the US, Australia, South Korea and Japan. Let me point out the UK is a particularly hot choice for graduate studies. Over 40 percent of returnees with a master’s degree went to grad school in the UK. Experts say that’s because most master’s programs in Britain last only a year, so it saves both time and money. The programs you study depend on the level of degree you’re pursuing. But it’s easy to spot that there seems to be a general preference for economics and finance programs with Chinese students.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-17 19:35:39 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-5-17 19:11
Pastor No. 237 has never studied anywhere; Pastor No. 237 is studying how to pull the wool over CD ...

As from today, I change your name to:    "LUOLAFOS"

Lock up old ladies against freedom of speech.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.