Author: samlam

Hong Kong’ s independence? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-11 12:27:18 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2016-5-11 12:22
So you just want the whole world to forget about the on going genocide the Europeans and their
cap ...

No, we cannot forget about it but what do you want the former colonial powers to do about it now, after the fact Robbo. Nothing you want will happen mainly because it involves death and destruction.
I notice you didn't reply RE; where you live and it's history. By living there are you also culpable and as a result, liable?

Answer the question Robbo, or leave the subject alone. Tit for tat isn't a game I'll play any longer so either answer me logically, or naff off.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-11 12:28:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-5-11 12:28
seanboyce88 Post time: 2016-5-11 12:11
Do you think they have no right to be protesting against the government, and if so, why?

Yes, they can, just like West before 1960s, no media and activists pour the gas on fire.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-11 12:30:15 |Display all floors
A big one in Nanjing, with hunderds of thousands of protesters, against a government project and stopped it.

The was the time during fl0wer protest.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2016-5-11 12:30:40 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2016-5-10 20:27
No, we cannot forget about it but what do you want the former colonial powers to do about it now,  ...

All the land occupied by the Europeans should be returned to the people it once belonged to.
Only the Europeans would want to kill over this solution... as usual.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-11 12:31:04 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2016-5-11 12:26
Democracy is a red flag in any thread. There is no democracy in the world today so I am pointing t ...

I would disagree, it is and it isn't.

I agree with your comment to an extent that democracy doesn't really exist in the sense people think it exists. But still, the feeling of empowerment get even from having a "fair choice" (<--in quotation marks you will note) is something that matters to a lot of people. for many it is still better than being dictated to, and in the modern rhetoric I suppose thats what Democracy is getting at.

You aren't keeping anyone from posting, no. But at the same time, one of the reasons I rarely come on BBS anymore is simply because of people like yourself who rather than discussing just write repeated inflammatory remarks about how the west is the root of every problem. You are free to go create a thread on how the west is the root of every problem, but you ruin interesting topics for other people. Its why I stick mainly to the blogs. I commented on samlams thread as he is predominantly a blogger who posted here and I was interested in his views.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2016-5-11 12:31:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2016-5-10 20:32

Whenever I bring up that communism is illegal in the USA I get nothing but flake from the same people
who are now wanting to piously consider letting Hong Kong be taken over by the west.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-11 12:32:41 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2016-5-11 12:28
Yes, they can, just like West before 1960s, no media and activists pour the gas on fire.

many Chinese believe they cannot, I am very curious why
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.