Author: samlam

Hong Kong’ s independence? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-11 12:19:28 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2016-5-11 12:14
Your opinion is no more valuable than mine. If you want to keep insisting that Hong Kong was bette ...

yawn robert.

I didnt say HK was better under British rule.
I didn't say that I THINK THIS IS DEMOCRACY, but by the HK people's definition of democracy, they had it.

again. irrelevant robert.

I am not saying your opinion is worthless, it is NOT RELEVANT. feel free to add a RELEVANT OPINION to the topic.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-11 12:21:40 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2016-5-11 12:17
In your mind 500 years of genocide campaigns by the Europeans to occupy nations worldwide while
se ...

I would just ask robert, its not often we get a Chinese person here asking interesting questions.

I for one am very interested, please, please don't derail this topic.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2016-5-11 12:22:46 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2016-5-10 20:18
Scratched record Robbo. You use our mistakes to justify your own? Bankrupt in every way describes  ...

So you just want the whole world to forget about the on going genocide the Europeans and their
captured territory have been dispensing for the past 500 years.
It's still going on today so it is very relevant. Are you going to deny that Israel is a recently occupied
land by Europeans and the genocide is still going on to keep it occupied?
How many have been killed in the middle east over the past 100 years so the oil resources there can
be easily exploited?
The truth makes you very jumpy as well it should.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-11 12:23:42 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2016-5-10 20:19
yawn robert.

I didnt say HK was better under British rule.

I already have. You just didn't like my opinion. yawn.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-11 12:24:34 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2016-5-11 12:06
What does you growing up in Shanghai have to do with hongkong????

That is no proof at all you "kn ...

Heyhey, why didn't they care about politics after immigrating to West.

and I know they didn't pursue democracy eagerly under British rule, and their media didn't complain or was suppressed by British, you call.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-11 12:26:25 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2016-5-10 20:21
I would just ask robert, its not often we get a Chinese person here asking interesting questions.  ...

Democracy is a red flag in any thread. There is no democracy in the world today so I am pointing that out.
It is very relevant.
Democracy is a marketing term and it often used to cause unrest in nations the west wants unrest in.
I am not keeping anyone from posting here. I could just as easily say you are trying to derail my remarks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-11 12:26:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-5-11 12:27
seanboyce88 Post time: 2016-5-11 12:11
Do you think they have no right to be protesting against the government, and if so, why?

Yes, they can protest against government, like West before 1960s, no media and activists pour gas on fire.

Like during the @r@b spr1ng time, there was a huge protest in Nanjing against government project and stopped it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.