Views: 11239|Replies: 14

How to save my family from pyramid selling?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-9 17:01:33 |Display all floors
One of my cousins has been trying to sell me some commodities from a "shell company" and she told me it was our fault to doubt the products and the company. We need to update our minds then understand her good willing. Don't know how to deal with this situation. And she even tried to borrow money from me to buy the commodities in order to keep her rankings in the group.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-9 17:36:50 |Display all floors
Can you not recognise emotional blackmail when you see it?
just because she is a family member does not make lending money for a very risky scheme right.

Does she not understand how a pyramid scheme works?
Is she happy to be involved in a fraudulent scheme?

I would tell her that I have no money to spare at the present time.
Apart from anything else, borrowing money from family for something as risky as that will only lead to bitterness and anger later on.
Better to say 'no' immediately and stick to your principles.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-5-9 19:30:05 |Display all floors
I can understand your predicament but sometimes you just have to stand your ground and say "no" especially if it's a potential pyramid scheme.  What commodities are involved and what is the financing arrangements, how is shell company organised.  These are questions you should be answering. Also despite the emotional blackmail just say "no" it's your money and if this is a pyramid scheme or a form of Ponzi scheme then you will loose your money.

Ethics are as important or even more important that satisfying family members.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-9 21:48:53 |Display all floors
call the police and go all the way to their organization if things go smoothly ..?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-10 00:14:31 |Display all floors
Aren't pyramid schemes illegal in China?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-5-10 05:08:22 |Display all floors
Don't get involved

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-10 08:51:30 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2016-5-10 00:14
Aren't pyramid schemes illegal in China?

Yes, it's against the law but hard to practice the rule as so many involved from time to time.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.