Author: samlam

Should America transplant American democracy to the Middle East?   [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2016-5-6 19:35:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-5-6 19:41

Democracy is built on negotiation and compromise, so it is a disaster in countries that is not politically harmonious, middle east is a perfect example of this.

Even in Taiwan, you can say it is a disaster as it accomplished nothing economically during last 20 years.

A necessary condition that government can still function properly with so many talks and opinions is that country must be wealthy so people are reasonable, so that government has money to make everyone happy. Without money, there is no negotiation and compromise.

Reagan was lucky, he was on a bandwagon of technology breakthrough, which greatly enhanced the productivities and suddenly government had more money.



Use magic tools Report

Rank: 6Rank: 6

Post time 2016-5-6 19:35:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-5-6 19:47

BTW, democracy never exist in human society. Let me demonstrate it to you with simple logic :

If A then B, then you can conclude that if not B, then not A. For example : A = " A person is a father", B = "A person is a man".

So I can conclude that a person is not a father if the person is not a man.

Now, let A = " a system is democratic", B = "99% win if their interest conflicts with that of top 1%". So we know if A then B.

As there is no system ever on earth that 99% will win over top 1%, so you know democracy never exist in human society.

The only "democracy" exists in some countries because those countries are so rich that there are no conflicts between top 1% and remaining 99%.
In the minds of Chinese people, that a system is democratic or not is judged by result, not by process.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2016-5-6 19:54:55 |Display all floors
The Middle East is not ready for democracy.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2016-5-7 13:12:13 |Display all floors
The US pretends to have democracy. Democracy is unattainable in a capitalist society.
The rich rule in a capitalist society. It doesn't matter who gets elected. The rich rule.
The US is all about marketing and marketing is by definition, lying.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-7 13:12:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-7 13:16:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2016-5-7 13:22:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by St_George at 2016-5-7 13:23

Trump is right, if they want democracy they should fight for it themselves. Not all democracies are the same but they're all better than dictatorships.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.