Author: samlam

Should America transplant American democracy to the Middle East?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-16 12:04:55 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2016-5-16 11:19
Which is precisely why I've often said that the west need do anything to effect a change of gov't  ...

This is my stand and I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-16 12:11:29 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2016-5-16 11:19
Which is precisely why I've often said that the west need do anything to effect a change of gov't  ...

As long as there is no fixation on a particular model of governance out of prejudice, bias, or ill intentions, who knows, China's government can also evolve to be better for the people regardless of whatever political platform (which is really secondary in my opinion).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-16 12:24:35 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2016-5-16 12:11
As long as there is no fixation on a particular model of governance out of prejudice, bias, or ill ...

The Chinese people must determine for themselves which form of gov't they want. No matter what some here may say and despite all of the bickering, ultimately, it comes down to that very simple thing.
When I was there, I knew of dissatisfaction but it wasn't my job to foment further dissatisfaction. I just told the people I knew and taught that "your time will come when it's time".
It's written, explicitly, in our contracts to not be political in our work. I wasn't there to be political, I was there to help. There IS a difference.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-19 19:18:54 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2016-5-16 12:24
The Chinese people must determine for themselves which form of gov't they want. No matter what som ...

Sorry for the late reply. I could not login for the past few days. You did right by not being political. That condition exists in most countries that I know of. No country would like foreigners to interfere in domestic issues which really do not concern them. Having said that, I also do think constructive criticism is good since China is not perfect and hasn't really "arrive" yet (in my opinion).

Ever since the clampdown on corruption, many Chinese are affected--such as the relatives or beneficiaries of the corrupted officials caught. One needs to sieve out true grievances from grievances out of revenge and selfish agenda. You never know.

One good way to know whether a government is doing right is how it takes care of the people.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.