Author: sunnylin01

Should junk food be banned to lower obesity rates?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-5 09:10:32 |Display all floors
If Chinese parents can kick their brats hinds to play Violin or Piano and to learn English for several hours every day and even throughout holidays, they surely could do that also in regards of exercise and healthy eating habits. Also as a family sitting at the table and eating together instead of running after them throughout the whole apartment/ house (also Restaurants) with a plate in one hand and a spoon in the other in order to feed them "on the go"!
Only in China.
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-5 10:06:39 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-5-4 20:30
Sil;ly knee-jerk response. These kids grow fat not just because they eat junk food; their parents us ...

Wow I actually agree with you. The Universe works in mysterious ways
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-5 10:38:06 |Display all floors
If children are forced to sit most of the day, seven days a week studying, with only limited PE lessons to break the monotony. it is inevitable that students get fatter. Rising prosperity encourages unhealthy eating and copying American eating habits does not help. But banning "junk food".... does this mean "fast food"?
Ah that is the Chinese way...... do not solve the problem; BAN IT!
Actually I am surprised that so many Chinese children prefer fruit to candy!
I cant wait until June when I return to UK for 7 weeks; Fried English breakfast, pork sausages, fried fish and chips .......  Roast meat and potatoes....
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-6 23:24:00 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2016-5-5 10:38
If children are forced to sit most of the day, seven days a week studying, with only limited PE less ...

Thanks ... Now I'M hungry. Oh, well ... off for brekkie. Country-style omelette, bacon, toast, and a coffee.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-7 22:11:16 |Display all floors
Food means health and life, so we must be strict with mouth.
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-7 23:01:42 |Display all floors
I rarely favor bans but I would agree with the Chinese in this case. But I doubt you can ban them. Could you ban McDonalds, KFCs, etc, coke, pepsi, beer, etc, etc,. Ban GMOs too. If you can't ban them, just educate people to watch what they eat. If you can't take care of your own body weight, then you really need to start loving yourself more.

You don't need to exercise to stay thin. Just regular living is enough exercise. Don't believe the BS. Watch what you eat. It's the most important factor to controlling your weight. Else you can exercise till your dying day but if you eat wrong, you won't lose weight. But if you watch what you eat, you don't need to exercise to stay thin.

Asian food is way better than western food. Sometimes I feel sorry for the westerners, they don't have much to eat. I almost died living purely on western food for a year or so. Well, slight exaggeration, but I got really sick.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-7 23:05:26 |Display all floors
It's quite important, because when you're fat, it's a burden. If China can fix their obesity problem, because it has spread all over Asia, I would be impressed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.