Author: SherrySongSHSF

Child Labor: Should it be banned completely in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-26 08:55:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-4-26 09:05
futsanglung Post time: 2016-4-26 08:49
Please note that the OP of this thread is CHINESE so it is a Chinese person drawing attention to t ...

Tone.
See the following
Yet it still happens.
There is no law.

You may come back with "but it is right".

Yes, it is right, but does the law solve problems? If what is on paper couldn't have solved it, there would be no child labor on earth.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-26 09:10:41 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2016-4-26 08:55
Tone.
See the following

Again are you trying to justify child labour? It is not right that it happens ANYWHERE and should be stopped, this is the TONE of both the OP and myself, do you think it should be stopped? Do you think the law should be better enforced?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-26 09:16:19 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-4-26 09:10
Again are you trying to justify child labour? It is not right that it happens ANYWHERE and should  ...

I am not trying to justify it.

But if I suggest severe punishment, you, dusty1, seneca will jump sky high and try to educate me about humanity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-26 09:19:35 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-4-25 21:35
Maybe if you are talking about a full time job but in developed countries labour laws commonly all ...

Yep, I know how things work in our home countries but if you look at the pics and read the article, these kids are exploited, so, my comments are applicable.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-26 09:28:04 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2016-4-26 09:16
I am not trying to justify it.

But if I suggest severe punishment, you, dusty1, seneca will jump  ...

Maybe you should step back a little and read my input on other threads, you have mistaken what I have said assuming I support the other posters, actually I am in favour of a death penalty in certain circumstances, child labour is not one of them.

The punishment should be harsh both for the employer and for the parents that allow their underage kids to work.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-26 09:31:09 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-4-26 09:28
Maybe you should step back a little and read my input on other threads, you have mistaken what I h ...

My apology, sincerely.

There are still lot of poor people in china, pulling them out of poverty is the only way to solve child labor issue.

I am not suggesting death penalty on the issue, but if he mistreats kids so badly and tortures kids, I think death penalty is necessary. I can't think of effective way to stop such random cases.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-26 09:34:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-4-26 09:42

Enforcing law needs lot lot of money, you can see even USA can't afford anymore.

Therefore in countries with lot of poor people, it is too naive to expect law will stop crimes.

and also, you have to allow certain level of @$$h0leness by police, you can't expect police to stop crimes while day and night talking about the right of trouble makers.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.