Author: spiderman006

Chinese President: Welcome cyber criticism   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-22 19:26:27 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-22 19:28:38 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-22 20:24:31 |Display all floors
Hate-posts from foreigners are not welcome. His message are directed at Chinese people only.

President Xi is doing a magnificent job. No criticism from me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-22 22:35:03 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2016-4-20 19:40
You voice your criticism openly and short afterwards get a visit from police. Yeah, very clever.

They just want to have tea with you, that's all.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-22 23:31:02 |Display all floors
spiderman006 Post time: 2016-4-22 17:04
there are no so many policemen in China since we have so many bashers from home and abroad here.

Define "basher" for us, please.

Unfortunately, when foreigners offer criticism, constructive or otherwise, they are called "China-bashers". When Chinese do it, they are called "concerned citizens". When foreigners criticize and offer solutions to a problem, they are laughed and sneered at. When Chinese offer the same criticism and solutions, they are often seen as innovative, smart, or even clever. I am not bashing. These are observations that I have seen after many years in China.

It seems that many Chinese think that their problems are their own and unique to China, and that foreigners would have no idea as to how these difficulties can be managed, when in fact, these are problems that every country has experienced, and solved. One example is over-procreation. How do we solve the problem of people having too many babies. In other countries, the solution was education ... proper human development education. This is done at the onset of puberty, when both boys' and girls' bodies are starting to change, and they are more aware of what is happening to them. This teaches young people to be more responsible in making certain "choices". In China, I was told that this will not work because procreation is a taboo subject, so the solution was to hand out more condoms, and make laws and punishments for having another child. The Chinese solution isn't working. Why? Foreigners have offered solutions, but you won't listen. Why? One reason, and one reason only. Pride. The fact that you have been taught that China's problems are uniquely Chinese, and no other nation has ever had them, so you have to solve them yourselves. Do to this fact,any observations and solutions offered by outsiders are to be held without merit,and dismissed.

Another problem is atmospheric pollution. Electrostatic precipitators (scrubbers) will help greatly to alleviate this pollution, but Chinese companies won't implement it because factories would have to be temporarily shut down to install these devices, causing loss of profit. Chinese don't see the long-term benefit, they only see the short-term disadvantages. The Chinese solution? Shut down factories whenever there is a major event or when the air gets so bad that people may die from it, or move them further away from populated areas. The problem with these? They don't solve the problem. They are nothing more than temporary band-aids, to be removed when conditions improve.

Foreigners criticize all the time, but criticism is not necessarily destructive. Chinese also criticize all the time, but not publicly, as we foreigners do. The Chinese also criticize foreigners and foreign countries, but you do not see this as "meddling". You only see foreigners criticisms as meddling. One thing, though, that you forget ... many of those criticizing foreigners also live and work in China, contributing to China's economy and growth by paying taxes, and improving infrastructure, contributing ideas, and advancing technology. We are not all tourists. We live here. We help your children grow up to be constructive, responsible citizens. We help our neighbors. We marry, and integrate ourselves into society.  We spend our money at local businesses, supporting those businesses, and providing food for those families. We become part of China and her culture. We see China's problems every day. We comment on them and we try to offer up solutions to those problems. But when we do, we are called "bashers". Unfortunately, we will never "fit-in" because "we are not Chinese". We will never be allowed to become Chinese citizens. We will always be just "visitors". For this reason, many foreigners will never truly be immigrants, and the Permanent Resident Sticker we have in our passports will always be nothing more than a one-year work visa.

spiderman006, it is easy to label, and stereotype others ... but be careful who you label, and what you label them with, for once that label is affixed, it is very difficult to remove.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-23 03:49:59 |Display all floors
Fairly recently (1 or 2 weeks) a university professor sent an e-mail critical of President Xi. He was warned by police; but then, no further action was taken against him. In fact, a fair amount of criticism is being permitted these days. As the economy improves, I would expect more freedom. One should be patient.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-23 12:53:44 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.