Author: sunnylin01

What will happen to my house after 70 years?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2016-4-24 08:49:53 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-4-23 14:46
Again, more petty insults, why?

Previously you claimed that your wife had property in Guilin that ...

My wife lets her mother and brother and his wife stay in her place free of charge.
Are you against letting someone stay on your property for free?
I suppose that would irk a petty capitalist such as you.

You write funny so I assume you might talk funny too.
I don't remember hearing language like that since I watch Mother Goose cartoons as a kid.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-4-24 08:57:27 |Display all floors
I own my house and lane

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-24 10:09:18 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-4-21 12:20
I can understand your aggravation, but to me, it makes perfect sense to land-lease for a specific  ...

The US Constitution requires that the owner of property be given 'just' compensation.

"eminent domain
n. the power of a governmental entity (Federal, state, county or city government, school district, hospital district or other agencies) to take private real estate for public use, with or without the permission of the owner. The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution provides that "private property [may not] be taken for public use without just compensation." The Fourteenth Amendment added the requirement of just compensation to state and local government takings. The usual process includes passage of a resolution by the acquiring agency to take the property (condemnation), including a declaration of public need, followed by an appraisal, an offer, and then negotiation. If the owner is not satisfied, he/she may sue the governmental agency for a court's determination of just compensation. The government, however, becomes owner while a trial is pending, if the amount of the offer is deposited in a trust account. Public uses include schools, streets and highways, parks, airports, dams, reservoirs, redevelopment, public housing, hospitals and public buildings."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-24 11:18:17 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-4-23 18:34
Then why does the government not make it clear?

Gov't officials don't have to answer to the general public. They are appointed, not elected. So unless the outcry becomes too huge to ignore, they wouldn't bother.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-24 16:37:56 |Display all floors
Chengking Post time: 2016-4-24 11:18
Gov't officials don't have to answer to the general public. They are appointed, not elected. So un ...

And do you think that is right? Surely a government should be there to serve the people in the best possible way.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-24 16:40:17 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2016-4-24 08:49
My wife lets her mother and brother and his wife stay in her place free of charge.
Are you against ...

Funny, that is not what you said before, maybe I should start keeping a record of your posts to show back to you at the relevant times.

I am a landlord both in China and in the UK and see nothing wrong with that, both countries do not seem to have a problem with me doing it as long as I pay my taxes.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2016-4-25 05:14:47 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-4-24 00:40
Funny, that is not what you said before, maybe I should start keeping a record of your posts to sh ...

You can't remember much can you. I never said my wife was a landlord.
Or would you prefer to be called a liar?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.