Author: sunnylin01

What will happen to my house after 70 years?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-21 18:39:24 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-4-21 12:20
I can understand your aggravation, but to me, it makes perfect sense to land-lease for a specific  ...
I can understand your aggravation, but to me, it makes perfect sense to land-lease for a specific amount of time.

Why is a perfect senses the land lease and not private owning?

For one, 70 years is a generous allowance. If you figure that a couple might buy their house after they marry, in their 20s, having a 70-year lease supposes that they might live past age 90. If they are still alive by that time, they are usually living with their children or even grandchildren.

Very unhuman point of view.
So a person or couple should sacrifice their life working hard for a house to end their life living with the children or grandchildren. What a miserable answer.

Second: land leases prevent inheritance squabbles. With no real property to inherit, only household goods and family keepsakes are left to be divided among all the heirs.  You wouldn't believe all of the ugly in-fighting families can do when it comes to money or property!

This its a very childish and silly answer, Disputes among a family will always happen and for different reasons. I don't know your background and from what country are you from but your logic and the way to expose your ideas are really poor and trying to mislead the readers just for sympathy  and support for the Chinese government and it laws.

Third: as far as I know, the government can/will renew the lease provided there is no other use for that land. Prime real estate, in or near a city, would most likely have more problems renewing a lease than someone far out in the country.
Finally: as I understand it, the government pays compensation for homes torn down because the land is needed. Maybe that compensation  is not much, but then, consider America: the government has the right to take your property under the imminent domain law, and you get nothing! You have to sue the government - an incredibly costly and time-consuming affair, in which you may well lose what money you have paying lawyers fees, and still get nothing.

Everything you say here is pure nonsense filler to show some knowledge on the subject but is not substantial or help to understand your views above.

Bottom line is: you have to live somewhere, and you have to pay to live there. Doing so in China is a less risky and expensive proposition than anywhere else I know of, and it comes with somewhat of a guarantee

Sure, a person should pay for living but not a another price when the time expired.
So in conclussion the Chinese government is not clear for all home buyers, must be clear to offering long term rent instead selling  fake properties.
When things are clear, very clear the people are free to choose what to do and not to support people the buy a house when is not a real purchase.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 18:42:41 |Display all floors
I can understand your aggravation, but to me, it makes perfect sense to land-lease for a specific  ...
I can understand your aggravation, but to me, it makes perfect sense to land-lease for a specific amount of time.

Why is a perfect senses the land lease and not private owning?

For one, 70 years is a generous allowance. If you figure that a couple might buy their house after they marry, in their 20s, having a 70-year lease supposes that they might live past age 90. If they are still alive by that time, they are usually living with their children or even grandchildren.

Very unhuman point of view.
So a person or couple should sacrifice their life working hard for a house to end their life living with the children or grandchildren. What a miserable answer.

Second: land leases prevent inheritance squabbles. With no real property to inherit, only household goods and family keepsakes are left to be divided among all the heirs.  You wouldn't believe all of the ugly in-fighting families can do when it comes to money or property!

This its a very childish and silly answer, Disputes among a family will always happen and for different reasons. I don't know your background and from what country are you from but your logic and the way to expose your ideas are really poor and trying to mislead the readers just for sympathy  and support for the Chinese government and it laws.

Third: as far as I know, the government can/will renew the lease provided there is no other use for that land. Prime real estate, in or near a city, would most likely have more problems renewing a lease than someone far out in the country.
Finally: as I understand it, the government pays compensation for homes torn down because the land is needed. Maybe that compensation  is not much, but then, consider America: the government has the right to take your property under the imminent domain law, and you get nothing! You have to sue the government - an incredibly costly and time-consuming affair, in which you may well lose what money you have paying lawyers fees, and still get nothing.

Everything you say here is pure nonsense filler to show some knowledge on the subject but is not substantial or help to understand your views above.

Bottom line is: you have to live somewhere, and you have to pay to live there. Doing so in China is a less risky and expensive proposition than anywhere else I know of, and it comes with somewhat of a guarantee

Sure, a person should pay for living but not a another price when the time expired.
So in conclussion the Chinese government is not clear for all home buyers, must be clear to offering long term rent instead selling  fake properties.
When things are clear, very clear the people are free to choose what to do and not to support people the buy a house when is not a real purchase.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-22 07:38:33 |Display all floors

Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-23 09:11:25 |Display all floors

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-23 18:33:37 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2016-4-21 14:05
Can you tell us as you are a China "hand expert" labeled like that by CD

Where are you from? and ...

I have no gripe with this poster in particular but take a close look at the CD "hand experts", look at the similarity in their backgrounds and look how long they have been in China, you will see that there are many here with a much longer and wider experience of China than those on that list.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-23 18:34:47 |Display all floors
Chengking Post time: 2016-4-21 14:35
This is a highly debated question, but as far as I know the Central Government has not made any stat ...

Then why does the government not make it clear?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-23 18:37:23 |Display all floors
sunnylin01 Post time: 2016-4-21 15:30
I care. I bought a second-hand house that was built in the 1980s. I have to pay land transfer fees ...

the law also means that as a house gets older it will become less salable and the banks will not lend money against houses with a shorter lease. Assuming your house is 30 years old there is only 40 years left on the lease, the average mortgage is over 25 years, at the end of that period who will buy a house they can only have for 15 years?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.