Author: sunnylin01

What will happen to my house after 70 years?   [Copy link] 中文

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-4-21 12:20:12 |Display all floors
sunnylin01 Post time: 2016-4-21 11:05
After 70 years it belongs to the government. You get no compensation nothing.  If you buy second h ...

I can understand your aggravation, but to me, it makes perfect sense to land-lease for a specific amount of time.
For one, 70 years is a generous allowance. If you figure that a couple might buy their house after they marry, in their 20s, having a 70-year lease supposes that they might live past age 90. If they are still alive by that time, they are usually living with their children or even grandchildren.
Second: land leases prevent inheritance squabbles. With no real property to inherit, only household goods and family keepsakes are left to be divided among all the heirs.  You wouldn't believe all of the ugly in-fighting families can do when it comes to money or property!
Third: as far as I know, the government can/will renew the lease provided there is no other use for that land. Prime real estate, in or near a city, would most likely have more problems renewing a lease than someone far out in the country.
Finally: as I understand it, the government pays compensation for homes torn down because the land is needed. Maybe that compensation  is not much, but then, consider America: the government has the right to take your property under the imminent domain law, and you get nothing! You have to sue the government - an incredibly costly and time-consuming affair, in which you may well lose what money you have paying lawyers fees, and still get nothing.
Bottom line is: you have to live somewhere, and you have to pay to live there. Doing so in China is a less risky and expensive proposition than anywhere else I know of, and it comes with somewhat of a guarantee.   
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 12:48:07 |Display all floors
After 70 years it belongs to the government. You get no compensation nothing.  If you buy second h ...

Most people stay in apartment blocks (flats) in China, are there any of this flats still standing after 70 years, if so I would like to see this, as we know there are just about no exterior maintenance on buildings and after 70 years your flat will be worth nothing.

Human lives mean nothing when the western warmongers see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 14:00:30 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-4-21 09:51
I hope China never goes with private land ownership. If you think rising home prices and land leases ...

You as a China "expert" tell us how much a citizen owner of a home should pay  when the land rental will expire?
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 14:02:59 |Display all floors

Wow

Is that true?
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 14:05:03 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-4-21 12:20
I can understand your aggravation, but to me, it makes perfect sense to land-lease for a specific  ...

Can you tell us as you are a China "hand expert" labeled like that by CD

Where are you from? and

In your country this issue is similar as in China?

Thank you

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 14:35:32 |Display all floors
This is a highly debated question, but as far as I know the Central Government has not made any statement concerning this. Everything is plain speculation so far.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 15:23:52 |Display all floors
Who carws after 70 years!!!

Your children may own castles la
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.