Author: 1584austin

Being British   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-17 15:12:22 |Display all floors
But we are a proud race

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-17 16:10:09 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-4-17 15:12
But we are a proud race

The London Marathon, or the Sheffield park run?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-17 16:15:58 |Display all floors
Take my hanky darling!
Don't be too despondent old bean, you still have your Queen Lizzy; living and kicking like she was 50 years ago.

Oh yeah, its her 90th Birthday on Thursday.
Happy Birthday Ma!

I have to pop into ParknShop for a few dozen of the best bubbles to celebrate the old girls happy day.
Would you like to join me to give her the bottom up?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-17 16:51:26 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2016-4-17 16:10
The London Marathon, or the Sheffield park run?

I am also proud to say I completed the London Marathon once and the Sheffield Marathon 5 times in my younger days

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-17 17:40:34 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-4-17 16:51
I am also proud to say I completed the London Marathon once and the Sheffield Marathon 5 times in  ...

A certification of proof please. We are too keen on hot air blown in this forum!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-17 18:03:42 |Display all floors
If today was 200 years ago, I would want to be British. They were top dogs then.
Lord Nelson
Cook and his loot in the new found lands.

Sadly, not anymore!
Bottom drawers these day.....

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-17 18:30:19 |Display all floors
Things you forgot.......

"Only in Britain do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.

Only in Britain do we leave cars worth thousands of pounds on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.

Only in Britain do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

Only in Britain are there disabled parking places in front of a skating rink.

NOT TO MENTION..

3 Brits die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.

142 Brits were injured in 1999 by not removing all pins from new shirts.

58 Brits are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.

31 Brits have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.

19 Brits have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.

British Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after Xmas cracker-pulling accidents.

18 Brits had serious burns in 2000 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.

A massive 543 Brits were admitted to A&E in the last two years after trying to open bottles of beer with their teeth.

5 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out-of-control Scalextric cars.

and finally...

In 2000 eight Brits were admitted to hospital with fractured skulls incurred whilst throwing up into the toilet."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.