Views: 7384|Replies: 26

Will you accept same-sex marriage?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-14 14:57:13 |Display all floors
gay marriage.jpg

According the new reports,  
Gay men vow to appeal after judge tosses lawsuit, the first of its kind
Two gay men who lost a court case on Wednesday in which they had battled for the right to marry have vowed to carry on the fight.

It was the first case of its kind in China in which gay people had tested whether same-sex couples have the right to marry. While homosexuality is not illegal in China, same-sex marriage has not yet been explicitly legalized.

The lawsuit was brought by the couple, who were challenging the decision of a local civil affairs bureau that had denied them the right to marry. The case was dismissed after an open hearing that lasted three hours and was held before an audience of nearly 200 people, including many journalists. The case was heard at a court in Furong district, Changsha city, Hunan province.

I am doubting whether you wil support the couple if they are your families or your acquaintance? l

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-14 16:28:54 |Display all floors
Traditional Chinese parents would normally find it very hard to accept gay children, and to accept gayness as a fact. However, gay people marrying other gay people is an excellent solution.

If a gay child grows up to appease their parents by marrying a heterosexual partner of the opposite sex, then the marriage will almost certainly fail, and everybody end up worse off.

If a gay child grows up to marry a gay partner of their choice, everyone can have a fair chance of happiness provided that the parents can think of their own happiness in terms of happy relationships rather than 'normal' relationships. Society's attitude needs to shift and it will take time to do so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-15 21:28:39 |Display all floors
many Chinese or at least me are not prepared for this .And I think many people on earth are not ready for this even they talk about human rights and fair all the time ..

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-4-15 21:45:27 |Display all floors
I cant see any parents accepting this for the next 50 yrs or so...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-15 23:54:25 |Display all floors
In the US we don't have that choice anymore. It's been decided for us.
I don't personally have a problem with it. But I don't like seeing it flaunted in public.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 06:18:08 |Display all floors
Make them watch sleazy movies 24hrs/day. Might reverse their CPU up there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 14:08:19 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2016-4-15 15:28
many Chinese or at least me are not prepared for this .And I think many people on earth are not read ...

That only shows what a sad individual you are. How is other people's happiness away from you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.