Author: samlam

Traffic jam   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-12 21:52:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-13 08:57:11 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2016-4-12 10:32
It is straight up neglect of safe driving by the bus drivers. They have numerous passengers lives  ...

I would have thought that professional drivers would be more professional.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-13 09:02:38 |Display all floors
More rules, more laws, more traffic lights, more pedestrian crossings ...... a waste of time and money. It is the selfishness, impatience, lack of special awareness and lack of imagination and thinking that causes all the problems on Chinese roads. Laws are not enforced effectively and those using the roads do what they like regardless of the needs and safety of others. Safe use of roads is a relatively new concept in China. It was not many years ago that everyone walked or had a bicycle! There is much learning to be done. I have heard suggestions that driving tests and medicals can be bought. If true there are people on the roads who should not be there!
The traffic jams down my school access road occur every day and every night. No intelligence is used to avoid jams. Drive into any space fast. Ignore the needs of others. Park where you like... but as near the gates to the school as possible. Beep your horn constantly. never back up or give way. It is so stupid that I nearly wet myself laughing.
"Get rid of traffic lights ".... how will that make a difference?
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-13 11:00:44 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-4-12 09:53
Start by having the traffic rules enforced and you will find traffic runs much more smoothly, how ma ...

"How many Chinese buses actually pull right over to the side of the road to let passengers board?"

Buses simply can't pull up next to the curb to let passengers board or exit... more often than not, people on their bikes (electric or otherwise) whip through the space between the bus and curb, regardless of how narrow, with total disregard for bus passengers.  On more than one occasion I have seen people struck by a bike while stepping on or exiting the bus.  I take a bus regularly and have learned to look both ways before stepping off... there's always some clown on a bike with their panties in a bunch that just has to get through regardless of the bus passengers.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-4-13 11:04:04 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2016-4-12 09:51
As you care lives so much, shouldn't you have stopped driving? each year so many people died in ca ...

Without a car you'll find it hard to go somewhere. Now the place we live is far from the place we work. We can not live without a car.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-13 11:06:18 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-4-12 10:04
No, like traffic policemen and the addition of traffic cameras.

There are traffic lights, so we got to have traffic rules and policemen. When there is no traffic lights what it would be?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-13 11:08:04 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-4-12 10:22
Most Shanghai bus drivers turn on their left hand indicator as soon as they pull in and not just b ...

Yes, many guys neglect traffic rules.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.