Author: samlam

A great reform of education for college entrance exams [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-12 11:35:52 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2016-4-11 19:59
It don't matter if the rat is black or white!
Catch it and kill it.

So you are suggesting that all the Chinese staff who are incompetently hiring illegal/unqualified workers be sacked.
Yes, good start.
Then of course hire the professionals and pay professional salaries.
Then discontinue the practice many Chinese staff have of changing grades to pass failing students, because of 'hurt feelings ' and fat bank accounts of the parents.

If minimum standards are not enforced, then nothing will improve.
And yes, it is the Chinese staff in public schools that are not enforcing minimum standards, more often than not undermining the foreign teachers, and this is one reason professional English teachers go elsewhere.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-12 15:42:23 |Display all floors
So many post deletions, why Voice_Cd?

I thought the reason(s) for this thread was open for discussion of minds?
It is a waste of time Disqus!   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-12 16:17:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-4-11 12:29
"Many of the outstanding universities do not offer professional" courses?

Really?

'I tell you what: most of the degrees conferred on Chinese university leavers are worthless.'

I am not sure about the other degrees, but I am positively sure their English degree is not worth the paper it is printed on!  English degree holders can't speak or right proper English; they pass through only because they are trained to pass exams.
At high school they are taught by teachers whose English proficiency is itself questionable!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-12 16:23:21 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2016-4-11 20:03
Yes, I agree!

China should train more practical and educated plumbers and electricians cater for  ...

'Many hotels I used in the mainland don't have the "U-bend" gadget under the washing basin. the reason why many hotels in the smaller towns are quite smelly.'

Yes, I notice that in homes too!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-12 16:26:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-4-11 21:10
Hmmm, you think anyone gets barred from studying at a university because their English is poor? Yo ...

'They should run high-school English classes by foreign teachers and accept foreign teachers' grades! '

Yes, and they tell foreign teachers to be lenient to their students because 'English is not their mother tongue'!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-12 16:45:04 |Display all floors
The big difference education between high school and university is the most important reason lead colleague students are not qualified with job demand, which is also not good for students' character building.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-12 17:01:22 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2016-4-12 16:23
'Many hotels I used in the mainland don't have the "U-bend" gadget under the washing basin. the re ...

China's science class subjects should include lessons in the practical use of science in the modern homes.
Few people understands the safety reason for the fuses used in the electrical appliance plugs. They have no idea why the 1A, 3A and 13A types.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.