Author: samlam

A great reform of education for college entrance exams [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-11 19:24:43 |Display all floors
One of the key points is that students have three required subjects including Chinese, mathematics and English.....

I bet a few of the "English teacher" clowns here did their honey baiting on the Beijing educational bureaucratic kowtowing coolies in the inclusion of the third subject English.

Even the late great statesman of Singapore Lee Kuan Yew is said to have admitted he got it wrong.
This is what his daughter wrote:

She refers to Mr Lee's admission in 2009 that getting people to be equally competent in two languages was difficult.

"I've been telling him for years that our second-language standards are too high," says Dr Lee, who argued in a 2010 column that intelligent students who are not linguistically talented should not be penalised by the education system...."

Are you listening, you Beijing birds with your head stuck in the sand pit?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-11 19:28:06 |Display all floors
The three compulsory subjects should be

Chinese Written Language
Chinese History and Literature
Mathematics

English and Spanish should be an optional foreign subject in the second category.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-11 19:55:08 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2016-4-11 19:38
I tell you what: most of the degrees conferred on Chinese university leavers are worthless.

So are ...

if there are illegal or unqualified teachers on university campuses it is usually because the Chinese recruiter has tried for the cheapest option available.

a foreigner can not work in a university illegally without the complicity of at least one Chinese staff member.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-11 19:59:10 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-4-11 19:55
if there are illegal or unqualified teachers on university campuses it is usually because the Chin ...

It don't matter if the rat is black or white!
Catch it and kill it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-11 20:03:40 |Display all floors
samlam Post time: 2016-4-11 13:58
College education should be more practical.

Yes, I agree!

China should train more practical and educated plumbers and electricians cater for the domestic service.

Many hotels I used in the mainland don't have the "U-bend" gadget under the washing basin. the reason why many hotels in the smaller towns are quite smelly.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-11 21:10:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-11 21:13:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.