Author: samlam

A great reform of education for college entrance exams [Copy link] 中文

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-4-11 13:53:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-4-11 12:30
Besides, most of the students are not genuinely dedicated to and interested in the courses they st ...

Some of the students worry about their future while they are learning in university because they doubt what they learn is practical or not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-11 13:55:52 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-4-11 12:33
A Chinese 16-year-old is mentally incapable of making a career choice; a European of that age knows  ...

The problem is in the education including school and family education.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-11 13:58:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-4-11 12:41
I do not know. I am not interested in that categorisation. I am interested in the outcome for th ...

College education should be more practical.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-11 14:08:02 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-11 18:11:14 |Display all floors
Refer to my many blogs on the subject of education and the examination system in China.
I have argued for 4 years that the greatest obstacle to effective education here is the outdated Gaokao. devised almost 50 years ago as a way to select students to a limited number of universities. It served its purpose well, but is not suitable for the 21st century. Many educational experts and politicians in government have long argued for reforms to develop initiative and a broad and balanced system of education but it is a daunting task. Not least because parents desperate to give their child the best start in life believe in old and ineffective methods. To meet modern demands in business, industry and leisure China will eventually be forced to further reforms. The changes to the Gaokao are a good start. The next step is to bring professionalism into teaching, with all its demands and rewards.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-11 18:18:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by BlondeAmber at 2016-4-11 18:48
TedM Post time: 2016-4-11 18:11
Refer to my many blogs on the subject of education and the examination system in China.
I have argu ...

hear hear.
Many professional foreign teachers leave China due to the inflexibility of the attitude to modern teaching methods and the 'race to the bottom' attitude many training centres in China have.

My work in China, which is in tandem with a home university, is constantly undermined by local attitudes in Chinese universities despite me having the highest levels of teaching qualifications available.
Until universities and schools are seen as more than degree mills, then the overall standard of Chinese degrees will remain low internationally.

Education is for life, and should not be a chore.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-11 18:27:07 |Display all floors
I have found that Chinese students only have time for study towards passing the tests. There is little consideration able what profession or employment to aim for until University, if then!  Students cannot always choose their courses at university because of this. In the west there are lessons offering guidance about employment, university courses and requirements to senior school students.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.