Author: SherrySongSHSF

Is it fair to rate professors online?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-16 20:12:27 |Display all floors
  We have many ways to rate our professors. And rating them on line is the most  convenient way among all the ways. A large part of students judge their professors according to whether they like the teacher or not. And only a small fraction of students can judge their teachers by the way they teach. And many students want to do other things and they don't care how important the system  is and they give a teacher all As,So I don't think it's fair to rate professors on line.
  Another reason that I think it is unfair is that some students will give the worst scores to one of their teachers. Just because they were punished by these teachers. So they hate them and want to revenge them. So they give Ds to these teachers .

20150020875  D Jeremy  April 16th

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 20:59:20 |Display all floors
With the development of society ,a great chance has taken place in education .Evalutions online has been more and more popular .But it's generally agreed that every thing has two coins .
But in some university , students evaluations has become the only source of information on teaching effectiveness. I think it's very unfair.Maybe teachers' teaching method is good, but students' hobby and personality problems, so some students give low pride for their teacher. As a student, I think evaluation online is necessary. Because it provides a good way for teachers to know their disadvantages and then improve theirselves. Besides,it's a good way for students to express their opinions about teachers .But importantly, what we need do is that we should be objective and impartial. Do you think so ?
English Major Dreamy
Group.  D
Date April 16th

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 21:08:27 |Display all floors
    With the public online evaluations developing rapidly, more and more colleges have put it into practice. However, to rate professors online, frankly speaking, means that some of professors are confronted with unfair treatments in some degrees.
    On the one hand, most of students tend to evaluate the professors 'teaching by their moods. To put it in another way, provided that the style of teaching makes them feel too strict, they are likely to give their teachers bad evaluations. But, the professors who are evaluated badly may be equipped with strong teaching ability. As the saying goes,a strict teacher produce excellent studends,which has becone a principle obeyed by many teachers. Furtherly,the reason why the teacher is willing to play a strict role before students is that she or he expects students to study hard and have a bright future. However, not all students would like to understand their teachers by heart. As far as l am concerned, it is so unfair for what teachers do.
     On the other hand, most students also tend to evaluate by professors 'appearance. Obviously, the professor who has a good look means that he or she has a more stronger competitive ability, no matter how the teaching ability is. As we all know, many colleges'managers award teacher depending on their teaching performance s. Assuming that managers regard public online evaluations as a principle, that means the professors who have not a outstanding look, but have the real ability would be treated unfairly.
    Inevitablely, the existence of this system has some advantages. According to what students evaluate, professors can make adjustments more easily so that the methods of teaching can meet students'interests instantly.
    In the end, strictly speaking, there are more disadvantages for evaluating online as far as l see.
  Group: A
  Name  :Ivy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 21:15:21 |Display all floors
    Everything has two sides .Maybe some people think it's fair ,but some people think it's unfair .Because everybody look at the side of one thing in different sides .
    In my opinion ,I think it's unfair .for example ,If there are two professor ,you must be give high marks to this professor who is familiar to you .maybe you assess another professor a low marks than the first professor .And another reason why I think it's unfair .If your teacher get a bad assessment ,she or he have bad moods ,after all ,everybody is emotional ,most of students are hope that teacher have good moods in class ,and teaching them happily .
   I have two advices about it .first ,we assess professor according to quality of their teaching without our feelings .second ,not only their the number of publish books ,but also their professional aspects of teaching materials .above all ,we  should be on many sides .don't look at one thing of them .there will be more scientific more comprehensive and more equitable !
         group:A   
         Kelly     
         15English   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 21:28:50 |Display all floors
Though online evaluation is becoming more and more popular with the widespread of technology nowadays,rating professors online,I think,is unfair ,more accurately, makes a little influence  for the professors who taught us.From the good side,It makes the professors more devoted and motive.From the sad side,it still does a little work.The reasons are as follows. Firstly, the students can't evaluate the professors objectively.Some may evaluate their professors with their own feelings.Briefly, it completely depends on the students' impression to their professors. Secondly,low scores may be a threat for the final examination.Therefore  they elect full or high scores just for their diploma.In this way ,rating professors online is against original intention .And it doesn't work. In spite of how popular the students evaluations of professors is , I think, it could only be a reference to assess professors for its high subjectivity.
English major Group C  Aurora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 21:37:06 |Display all floors
ALEXIALUSE Post time: 2016-4-16 18:54
In my opinion,it's unfair to rate professors online.Firstly,students don't have professional  ...

I coudn't agree with her any more.From my point of view no matter how popular it is,it is inaccurate because of it has too much subjective emotions which is bad for assess a professor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 21:37:14 |Display all floors
ALEXIALUSE Post time: 2016-4-16 18:54
In my opinion,it's unfair to rate professors online.Firstly,students don't have professional  ...

I coudn't agree with her any more.From my point of view no matter how popular it is,it is inaccurate because of it has too much subjective emotions which is bad for assess a professor.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.