Author: SherrySongSHSF

Is it fair to rate professors online?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-16 17:49:16 |Display all floors
Every thing all have different sides ,I am inclined to unfair .different professors need different students, one has the common with the professor she or she may be satisfied with this professor, vice versa. And a professor 's achievement can not be ignored .
     First, I talk some advantages about the benefit about the public online evaluation :the student can trash talk their discontent about the professor,not only can relieve their feelings but it can help the professors improve their quality of teaching, in order to change a better way to lead their students, also a professor can not make any students satisfied.
        On the other side I don't think the public online have any education value, if it has, maybe a little ,From seeing this news, I read some students who rate their professor online. Some students like their professor , some of them hate their professor ,different people have different reason to rate their professor,I think it is unfair to rate professors online,if you have not totally know this professor or you have not read almost all his papers, you have not qualified to rate he or she, if you do I just think you are a surface man, for example, in Zhihu I saw the rates about shijie Zhang, the professor of Beijing university, who teaches organic chemistry as a Doctor tutor,he is the model of college of chemistry, with lots of achievements.professor Shi is a good teacher, The student li yuanhe comes from bejing university who  was the source of :how to evaluate Zhang shijie.buthis original intention is not this, he says, he hope this answer made by organic chemists or someone who has read almost all the papers about ms shi and also read the papers about the professors in the same area ,have qualified to rate professor Shi .
In those rates, Though some rates are funny, there have no constructive advice, For many people, just a joke, no helpe for people, in my opinion, we can change the "how to evaluate the professor"into"what the professor is like in your eyes"because,Idon't think one person can rate Another who seniority than him, it involves the problem of respect.
      In a nutshell, every professor all have qualified to deserve his position,maybe they have no rich experience to teach students.

Group  A
Viola

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 17:50:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by violachw at 2016-4-16 18:17

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 18:13:53 |Display all floors
I think this method is not reasonable online evaluation.Although the major colleges and universities are using this method, but I think this method is still flawed.The evaluation of the expression of the teacher's most real ideas and opinions, but now some people put this thing as a work, there is a blind bias.Now the evaluation is more emphasis on the completion of the task, so less of a number of authenticity, the students may not have the right attitude to treat this thing.Online evaluation as an important component of the evaluation, although to meet the trend of development of the times, but there are still loopholes in the evaluation.The students will add their own private emotion in the evaluation, may also be a, so this method is not fair.If the students can not be serious attitude to treat this thing, this method is not reasonable.So, I think this method is still flawed, for students and teachers are not fair.

15English Class GroupA   Spring

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 18:17:41 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2016-4-11 19:04
Online evaluation is a stupid idea as it will allow students with grudges, malicious intent or such  ...

This method is also flawed, if you do not solve these loopholes, for students and teachers are not fair, so I agree with you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 18:54:47 |Display all floors
       In my opinion,it's unfair to rate professors online.Firstly,students don't have professional knowledge and they can't rate the professors professionally.A unprofessional comment is not respected for a professional professors.Secondly,students' comments of professors has their own thoughts.If they  don't like this professor,they'll give this professor a low score.If they like this professor,they'll give this professor a high score.And this is unfair to the professors.If a professor is strict,but the students don't like a strict teacher,they'll give this professor a low score.Last but not least,many students don't like to rate profeessors,they think it's a waste of time.We can't give the professors a low score.If we do that,the professors will asked:Why do you give me such a low score?I remember you.And it's bad for us.So many students will give the professors a high  score.And this doesn't reflect the real situation.Isn't it a waste of time?So rate professors online is unfair for professors.

Group:F Name:Alexia

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 18:56:33 |Display all floors
I am a college student. So I will say my opinion about this issues from students'standpoint. When I am on the prime school,our school select several students to have a evaluation for our all teachers.But we don't rate teachers on online,and werate

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 18:59:21 |Display all floors
Springsummer Post time: 2016-4-16 18:13
I think this method is not reasonable online evaluation.Although the major colleges and universities ...

I agree with you
Alexia

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.