Author: SherrySongSHSF

Is it fair to rate professors online?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-16 13:28:54 |Display all floors
As far as I'm concerned, Everything has two sides. Different peopleo have different opinions about different events. For some responsible students,
they will do professor evaluations online carefull and
responsiblely.They do this evaluations according to their professor's true conditions,
such as the class's situation,
homework correcting,the test's passing rate and so on. However,some students rather do it casually.They do this only to finish  the task the teacher given mechanically.They are badef on their own feelings to finish the evaluations.If they like the teacher,they will do a good evaluations.If they hate them,they will do a bad evaluation.It's unfair to the professor.Besides,this evaluation is useless and unvaluable.In my opinion,
generally,it is worthy to do professor'evaluations.Our professor will know their shortcomings and improve themselves by this way. Therefore,our educational quality will be improved  little by little.In a word,its ahvantages is more than its disadvantages.It is helpful way.
  English Major
   Group   G
   Name    Lilian

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 13:32:09 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2016-4-11 19:04
Online evaluation is a stupid idea as it will allow students with grudges, malicious intent or such  ...

Frankly speaking,most of   college students are an adult,
so they are responsible for their behaviour.Thus, doing professor's evaluations is not absolutely stupid and useless.
On the contrary,this maybe a excellent platform for us to improve educational quality.qo
It maybe a good way to find shortcomings and then improve a lot.All in all,I believe
that it will not destroy acdemic'career.It perhaps brings unexpected and distinct
advantages.
  Group G  
  Name  Lilian

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 13:45:43 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-4-9 20:42
I don't think such evaluations are trustworthy

I also think so !!!!
Katrina

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 13:58:10 |Display all floors
In this case, I think it has a dual character, the good side is to let the teacher know their teaching method is suitable for students, let the teacher know in the student's mind, whether they are one of the best teachers! This program can indirectly improve the enthusiasm of teachers, so that they can play more in the classroom to teach their students. At the same time, the bad side is that students do not dare to comment on the teacher's good or bad, because they are afraid of the teacher to see their scores, the students will have a low score. Students can only play high to the teacher. But the teacher's ratings also cause tension between people, and the teachers are more. I think I am in support of this process, it is suitable for us these students, can give the teacher more advice!!

English major
Group A
Katrina

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 14:59:49 |Display all floors
                                    Is it fair to rate professors online?
In my opinion,I don't agree the student evaluations of professors online.But we can't just judge one thing according to one siingle aspect.On the one hand,the student evaluations of professors has the positive aspect.This kind of evaluation is one useful method to judge whether the work of professors is perfect or not.The professors are impossible to do well,the evaluation help professors to improve their educational methods and let them understand the attitude of students for them.The professors can regard their work as carefully as possible.To be honest,the student evaluations of professors has educational value.But on the other hand ,the student evaluatons of professors is not fair,because most of professors are strict with students,but students don't understand their actions,so students are unwilling to give them good evaluations.Sometimes,professors are not satisfied with the result of evaluation,which may have an affect on professors' emotion in class.Some professors may follow form in order to a good evaluation.To a degree,the student evaluations of professors has a little sham.So in this way it is unfair for the professors.But now,the student evaluations of professors is used widely in China,the advantages of the evaluation must be more than its disadvantages.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 15:41:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Batty at 2016-4-16 15:43

Students can express their thoughts and attitudes to their professors by public online evaluation.And professors can also realize students'attitudes of themslves and their shortcomings on teaching.Therefore they could have a self-examination and try to correct their shortcomings.In some way,it will help to improve professors'teaching.
  Some students could have much subjectivity about evaluation for  their professors.For example,if a student don't like even hates his professor,so he could have a bad evaluation for his professor.It's so subjective for some students to do this.I think students should have a fair evaluation for  thier professors.And they should not mix evaluation and personal emotion together.In some way,it's a little unfair for professors.Name:Batty

Class:15English

Group:F

Date:16-04-2016

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-16 16:35:05 |Display all floors
                                               Is China's colleges too easy?
    China is the biggest developing country around the globe,it has a large of population especially the spread of education,the number of students in college entrance examination more and more.Last year,it  more than 7 millions students who attened to GaoKao in ShanDong except the other provinces.So it must have an affect on graduating.Aiming at this situation,the standard of college entrance examination must be improved.
     Now,the GaoKao uses the Unified national examination paper,I think that is fair for whole students.The large number of population and the fewer job exist centain contradictions,to a great extent,it has competitiveness.The colleges will reduce the number of admittance,so the college entrance examination may become more difficult.
      The China's college is easier than foreign university.Because I think the China's education pays more attention to theory,the university students in China lack of the initiative study consciousness,not good at practice ability.In my opinion,we must to do something by ourselves.Firstly,we have to  do well in our majors,it needs to make efforts and hold the line.Secondly,we should find our interests and jorn all kinds of activities positively,get along well with others in order to expand our eyes.With the increasingly rapid development of science and technology,we should learn more knowledge,it's most important to study hard by ourselves.Of course,it's difficult for the government of China to manage the country that has so many people,but the government is trying to make the China's education become better.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.