Author: SherrySongSHSF

Why do chinese eat so much pork?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-27 02:08:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by BlondeAmber at 2016-4-27 04:38
Blondebone Post time: 2016-4-26 23:39
You must be very proud of yourself, I get it you're the moderator of this forum  or perhaps the bos ...

I would NEVER use a public forum like this for student exercises, especially if they were under 18 years of age.
As an educator I have a duty of care of my students and a public forum is not the place for students to post with their ID numbers and where they leave themselves open to world-wide scrutiny.

I use a secure education website that only the university can access so the students are posting to their peers, not the general public. That way they are not subject to people's comments who expect to debate on a topic.

The Blog section is a more appropriate section, but even still NOT appropriate for the under 18's, especially as Chinese students are more sheltered than their peers in other counties and probably don't have the skills to cope with what might be posted as a response.

It is irresponsible for any person with the care of students to expose them online because I would not like to be the one to explain to their parents why I failed in my duty to protect them should they come to harm as a result, or had their feelings hurt with their inability to manage in a measured and adult way.

I would NEVER encourage students who were emotionally unprepared to deal with the repercussions of their actions to do this.

The posters who responded were mild compared to some of the other regular posters who revert immediately to abusive language and t r * l l * ng.

I have a duty of care to my students in the classroom.
What they do in their own time is their responsibility but under the umbrella of education in my class, I have to ensure I don't make any suggestions or give homework that will harm them in any way, or expose them to external scrutiny or discomfort, especially as this refelcts back on me.

To the person who suggested that the students post on this site - did you not even look at any of the other threads and comments to see the level of response they were likely to receive before encouraging them to post?
This is basic stuff for any responsible person.
It is obvious to most that this site allows some racist and abusive comments between regular posters, so why would you think that something what is clearly a school exercise in an inappropriate location would not get some sort of comments?

The classroom is a safe environment that can be controlled within whatever educational insitute a teacher works in, where it is safe to make mistakes and learn.
The same teacher can have no control as to how the students will be received online should they post on a public forum.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-27 06:37:03 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-4-26 12:08
I would NEVER use a public forum like this for student exercises, especially if they were under 18  ...

how in the world do live in this world of imperfection.?   with all you perfect answers...you are not happy in china with the education then return to where you came... if you can not do what you were hired to do .. how they tell you to do it then please leave... find another place to always complain about.... you would not be missed here... such arrogance you have...    

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-27 20:00:26 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2016-4-26 18:08
I have found that many Chinese people eat very healthy food compared to the west; vegetables, fruit  ...

I guess you are in the South of China, rice is rarely eaten by the locals in much of Northern China where the dies is wheat and potato based.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-27 20:08:15 |Display all floors
Blondebone Post time: 2016-4-26 23:39
You must be very proud of yourself, I get it you're the moderator of this forum  or perhaps the bos ...

Point one, I did not get you banned, you had been banned before I even read your comments.

Point two, I welcome newcomers that contribute to the forum and add content which includes interaction with other posters, it is not a place to hand in your homework and then sulk if someone disagrees with you.

Point three, I have been in China for 19 years, longer than these students have I do not think Chinese people are shy, certainly not all those strangers that have approached me to chat or to have a picture taken with me.

Maybe you do not understand how a discussion forum works, if you can not see what you are typing on a mobile then wait till you have something better to type on, besides mobiles do not create grammatical errors such as i instead of I, that is lazy work and a terrible example if you are a teacher of English.

I suggest you need a dose of reality.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.