Author: spiderman006

Yulin dog meat festival, Ban it or just leave it alone?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-6 19:02:06 |Display all floors
NewerShirley Post time: 2016-4-6 09:24
In order to satisfy their own desires , and to harm innocent animals . This is a very cruel behavior ...

Do you eat meat?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-6 21:36:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 21:47:03 |Display all floors
As we known, dogs are people's best friends. However, in Guangxi Yulin, there is a traditional festival called "dog-meat festival". On that day, people in Yulin eat dog meat to celebrate this festival. So should we ban dog meat festival?
As for me, if the Chinesewere still practicing survival skills and ate everything within their grasp for lack of a steady supply of healthy food I could understand their need to eat dog meat, but in this case it is like throwing pearls to the swine as the Yulin festival of dog meat is not about starving poor eating strays; it is gourmands demanding dog meat to satisfy their medicinal needs, aphrodisiacal wishes and to please their taste buds.
It is a matter of choice for people of different country. Korean also eat dog meat. They used to hang them up with hooks in stalls and the choice is yours to chose. In my country, dogs are not eaten. So they multiply and roam around as strays. They rummage dustbins for food. Some has sickness due to lack of human care. They live around the streets and no one to care for them. Dog catchers comes around once in a while to round them up. They will be taken to the centre where will be terminated by injections. All these are not shown to the public.
All in all, I think dog meat festival should be banned.
Name:April
Group:E
English  major

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 21:47:43 |Display all floors
As we known, dogs are people's best friends. However, in Guangxi Yulin, there is a traditional festival called "dog-meat festival". On that day, people in Yulin eat dog meat to celebrate this festival. So should we ban dog meat festival?
As for me, if the Chinesewere still practicing survival skills and ate everything within their grasp for lack of a steady supply of healthy food I could understand their need to eat dog meat, but in this case it is like throwing pearls to the swine as the Yulin festival of dog meat is not about starving poor eating strays; it is gourmands demanding dog meat to satisfy their medicinal needs, aphrodisiacal wishes and to please their taste buds.
It is a matter of choice for people of different country. Korean also eat dog meat. They used to hang them up with hooks in stalls and the choice is yours to chose. In my country, dogs are not eaten. So they multiply and roam around as strays. They rummage dustbins for food. Some has sickness due to lack of human care. They live around the streets and no one to care for them. Dog catchers comes around once in a while to round them up. They will be taken to the centre where will be terminated by injections. All these are not shown to the public.
English  major

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 21:48:44 |Display all floors
English  major

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 21:49:28 |Display all floors
English  major

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 22:00:48 |Display all floors
Abby0128 Post time: 2016-4-6 21:47
As we known, dogs are people's best friends. However, in Guangxi Yulin, there is a traditional festi ...

please keep this inside your classroom.
your argument is weak.

By the way, the whole point of the thread is about the fact that Chinese people DO eat dog meat and the cruel conditions the dogs are kept in.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.