Author: spiderman006

Yulin dog meat festival, Ban it or just leave it alone?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-6 09:23:07 |Display all floors
          This is my first time that I've heard about  the dog meat festival of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous , I was so surprised.
            Firstly, I can understand eating dog meat  is a  celebrate form of a custom. For them,  the dog meat just means food and not has really life.But with times of development, I think many customs  should be changed.Up to now,we. all have enough money for delicious food but many kinds of  animal are near extinction,though the number of dog is large, but can't afford to such heavily massacre.In addition, we should think about that dogs have a big influence in our normal life.  They accompanied the old people all the time and were called the most loyalty friend. There was a kind of  dogs who  can help the blind  across the road, and it is worth talking about the police dogs,they can help the police to catch the criminals by their nose, especially for  drug criminals !
         I think The organization of animal asked for ending the dog meat festival is right, everyone has the personality for protecting animals in society ,the people in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous should adopt the society development.

Name:  Dawn
        group B

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 09:24:03 |Display all floors
In order to satisfy their own desires , and to harm innocent animals . This is a very cruel behavior .
Life is very small , also have living power . Animals are natural resources that people have wasted all through our history . Thousands of animals have disappeared from the earth forever . Hundreds more are on danger list today .
Why should people care ? Because we need animals , and because once they are gone , there will never be any more . Every animals has its place in the balance of nature . Destroying one kind of animal can create many problems .
I fell very lucky . Some poeple are working to help save the animals . Some groups raise money to let people know about the problem . And they try to get the governments to pass laws protecting animals .
I believe that there will be more and more people are willing to and the animals live in peace .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 09:26:04 |Display all floors
I think human beings should get along with animals harmoniously. Human beings  should treat animals equally and respectfully. Animals also have effection. Dogs are people's most loyal parterner. I think to kill a dog is a very cruel action.There is a very old dog in my home. We have gotten along with each other  for more 10 years.We have built deep friendship. We have become good friends.Every time I have bad effection, he always comes to comfort me. And I also feel very happy. With time going by, he becomes more and more older.He has have no too much energy.My heart is filled with so many feelings. Dogs are people's good friends. Why are we bound to eat them? As far as I'm concerned, we should protect and cherish them and not eat their meats.So I disagree to eat dog meat.
class:2015English
group:F
name:Batty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 09:30:30 |Display all floors
Animal is our friend, is also a part of the world, we should respect their life, we should not be to our advantage and kill them.We should get along with their peace, our pets is that they can accompany us through life every day, and they are our patron, they can help us.
For the animal, the master is that they all, if they give them, they could do nothing.So we can trust them, give their lives to us, why don't we should treat them well?Animal is our friend, is our family, if we don't love our family, how can we say is good?We should love animal like love our own family, only in this way, can we live in peace with animal.Now this era, more and more people to pursue spiritual life, and  a manifestation of animal is the spirit of the pursuit of love, will show them, we can express the beauty of life.
         15English Class GroupA  Spring

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 09:38:15 |Display all floors

In order to satisfy their own desires , and to harm innocent animals . This is a very cruel behavior .
Life is very small , also have living power . Animals are natural resources that people have wasted all through our history . Thousands of animals have disappeared from the earth forever . Hundreds more are on danger list today .
Why should people care ? Because we need animals , and because once they are gone , there will never be any more . Every animals has its place in the balance of nature . Destroying one kind of animal can create many problems .
I fell very lucky . Some poeple are working to help save the animals . Some groups raise money to let people know about the problem . And they try to get the governments to pass laws protecting animals .
I believe that there will be more and more people are willing to and the animals live in peace .
Name : Newer
Group : F

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 09:49:07 |Display all floors
I disagree  with it .The annual Dog Meat Festival in YuLin is held every year .Although it 's a traditional festival and lasted for long time up to now .We should call on people to ban it not just leave it alone .To be honest ,dogs are our faithful friends .They are smart and helpful to human beings .Sometimes ,when someone strange or thief come in your home without permission ,the dog will founction as a police and it can scare and drive them out by barking .For those old people who are always fell lonely because their children are not often at home ,so dogs are their good  partners and listeners .Dogs will not say something but just keep quiet ,it also can give them  some comfort .Dogs are  also worth respected ,they should  not kill them  only for the purpose  to celebrate their festival .It's not a worthy thing .In order  to help mankind live harmonious with the nature together ,we should ban it .

Name :Alice   Group :F    Date :2016.4.6

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 09:54:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ArtemisC at 2016-4-6 09:57

In fact ,as early as 2010,dog meat festival was an unknown local folk activity .Since 2012,some animal protection groups begin to pay attention to dog meat festival .
After the attack with the powerful public opinion ,animal protection organizations "siege " yulin ,take concrete actions to against the activity which seems like a bloody day in their mind .In yulin people 's mind ,eating dog meat is just like a folk activity .Switch places to see ,it seems that everyone is quite reasonable .
In our country ,eating dog meat has a long history and a very ancient origin .As early as Shang Dynasty ,dog meat is an indispensable delicious food in ceremonies .In the local culture in yulin ,eating dog meat ,lychee ,drinking soju on the summer solstice just like eating moon cakes on the Mid-autumn festival .
On the one hand ,it is an traditional custom .On the other hand ,it is animal activists' boycott .
ln recent years ,around the topic of "can you eat dog meat ",two groups of people who pursue different interest have a squabble .Eating dog meat to have evolved into a symbol of barbarism .
For me ,I don't eat dog meat .l like dog and my family have feed a dog in our house .Dogs are very cute and they made me feel happy .I can't command peopledo  not eat dog meat ,but I wish they will do it .                    Artemis  GroupC  English  20150020845

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.