Author: spiderman006

Yulin dog meat festival, Ban it or just leave it alone?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-6 06:37:01 |Display all floors
It is interesting to live up to the truism that the Chinese eat everything...........Emperor Bokassa must be turning in his grave
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-6 08:00:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-4-5 21:37
I doubt that. It is very common to lose a pet in China - it will have been picked up by a dog snat ...

Pets are lost in all countries, look around in the UK at the number of posters on lamp posts. Most of the stolen pets in China actually go for their skins.

I am a dog lover and do not wish to see pets harmed but the ones bred for eating is a different matter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 08:35:35 |Display all floors
As for animal ,they have their own world .Many of human beings like to make animals being a pet ,let them living in a happy life with people ,but we always forget ,they also should have their own life ,living with their family ,making friends ,communicating with other animals ,just like we people .Of course ,it's very common to lose a pet in our daily life ,about eight years ago ,our family had lost a dog ,we found it in a long time ,every place which we can think of ,but didn't find it eventually.As the time gose by ,human beings become more and more clever ,and many of us like to eat meat ,but if we want to eat meat ,we have to kill animals ,like dog ,pig ,sheepand so on.Maybe we think it's nothing ,and it doesn't make any influence in our life ,but as for animals ,I think it will hurt them ,because they miss their family,their friends .So ,through the news ,I think we should protect animals more and more ,not just talk about ,we can't do such terrific thing any more .Everyone should actions ,what do you think ?

DATE :2016.04.06
NUMBER :20150020911
GROUP :  G
NAME :Rachel

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 08:41:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Linda_Z at 2016-4-6 08:46

As a dog lover, I think yulin dog meat festival should be banned. Dogs  is human beings  the most intimate and the most loyal friend, we should not eat dog. And the dog is very cute, it should be a pet instead of food. Some stray dogs not healthy, if without processing to make food that is bad for your health. Although there are many dogs now,  if more and more people to eat dog, the dog will become scarce species. Nature of life is precious, we should respect the life. Nowadays more and more dog lovers, I believe that most people would agree with my point of view.

20150020913   15 English major    Group:  G      Date:  2016.04.06      Name:  Linda

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 08:45:02 |Display all floors
    I don't want to say no to Yulin people. I don't know their customs and I also don't konw the meaning of this custom.But we always say that dogs are our friends.They help us and devote their faith to us humans.So we should protect them from being killed.How can they kill them without hesitation. We all know that not all the old customs are good.We should choose the good customs and pass them on.As for the bad customs, I think there is no need to exist.
   From this thing ,we can see so many things like this. Some people are so merciful that they will pray if their pets died.But are they really merciful?They put their pets in  cages,feed them and give them water and they even talk to them .But if they know what their pets speaking, they will hear these sentences such like :I want to fly in the sky,please let me out or please put the string away from my neck, I long for running on the playground.
    So if we want the world to change the bad habit .We should do from now on ,and change our bad habit .

Group
Major :English
Name:Jeremy
Date :  April 6th

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 08:50:29 |Display all floors
       For other animals, dogs are our best closest friends . Of course , we don't have the right to stop people eating them , but eating dog meat on dog meat festival is not fitful for society .
      Wouldn't you think that killing many dogs for such dog meat festival is so cruel .
      This behavior disobeys our value and morality . Many people who love dogs have conflicts with those people who hold the festival . But our government doesn't solve those problems all the time .
       I think that this activity is famous and Yulin also has developed very well because of this festival . People who are live in YuLin think that dog meat is balanced to their health and they will get much more incomes through this activity .
      Actually , people killed dogs , some dogs among them are pet dogs . For many dog lovers , they are against this kind of activity . So I think that you can hold the festival but i hope that you are able to kill some normal dogs instead of those pet dogs and valuable dogs .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-6 08:52:24 |Display all floors
       For other animals, dogs are our best closest friends . Of course , we don't have the right to stop people eating them , but eating dog meat on dog meat festival is not fitful for society .
      Wouldn't you think that killing many dogs for such dog meat festival is so cruel .
      This behavior disobeys our value and morality . Many people who love dogs have conflicts with those people who hold the festival . But our government doesn't solve those problems all the time .
       I think that this activity is famous and Yulin also has developed very well because of this festival . People who are live in YuLin think that dog meat is balanced to their health and they will get much more incomes through this activity .
      Actually , people killed dogs , some dogs among them are pet dogs . For many dog lovers , they are against this kind of activity . So I think that you can hold the festival but i hope that you are able to kill some normal dogs instead of those pet dogs and valuable dogs .
                                    -------Phoebe   ,   group C

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.