Views: 572|Replies: 6

438 Chinese police officers die on duty in 2015 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-5 15:45:34 |Display all floors
A total of 438 Chinese police officers died while they were on duty in 2015, the Ministry of Public Security (MPS) said Monday.

Another 4,599 police officers got injured or disabled at work, the MPS said in an article on its official website on Monday, the traditional Tomb-Sweeping Day when people honor the deceased.

Since China started the reform and opening up policy in 1978, almost 13,000 police have died, the article said, adding that police officers are a group that sacrifice the most in peaceful time.

During the three-day holiday for the Tomb-Sweeping Day, the MPS held a publicity campaign to commemorate the police officers who sacrificed their lives while on duty.

The ministry asked police departments at all levels to visit the families of the martyrs during the holiday, and help them address difficulties in their lives and work.

The official website of the ministry launched a link to show the 438 officers who died in 2015 for netizens to honor.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-5 21:41:14 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-4-5 22:01:45 |Display all floors
it always irks me when an officer gets killed in the uk. 1st Cameron will give his usual response, then Theresa May will ignite plans to jail those who kill officers for life without parole. The media will whip up a storm, and everybody will mourn. Ok that may sound harsh, but why is an officers life more important that that of a 2 yr old who gets murdered, while her murderer can look forward to being released in the future? officers are here to protect us they say......true but that's what they signed up for in the 1st place, whilst an awful lot are corrupt and have ruined good folks lives. Andrew Mitchell MP got well and truly stitched up by them, + more I could mention...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-4-5 22:24:36 |Display all floors
how many fireman die on duty I wonder? they serve us much better for smaller salaries, and they have a more dangerous job...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-5 22:54:19 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2016-4-5 22:24
how many fireman die on duty I wonder? they serve us much better for smaller salaries, and they have ...

In some rural areas, fire fighters are volunteers.(USA,Canada, and I would assume many countries)

Hats off to them and the (non-corrupt) police in all countries.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.