Views: 3441|Replies: 5

This 9-year-old girl who completed a Navy SEAL-inspired race could crush you [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-3-29 21:19:45 |Display all floors
This 9-year-old girl who completed a Navy SEAL-inspired race could crush you
Milla Bizzotto.jpg

The Washington Post
By Cindy Boren March 28 at 10:41 AM

milla21.jpg

Just how ridiculously fit is Milla Bizzotto, a 53-pound 9-year-old from South Florida?

She’s so fit and that she recently completed the Battlefrog race BFX24 — a 24-hour U.S. Navy SEAL-inspired obstacle course that requires participants to race 36 miles, swim eight kilometers and conquer 25 obstacles that include a rope climb, crawling under barbed wire and climbing a 12-foot wall for six laps. She slept between 2 and 6 a.m. and counts the hardest part of the race to have been the “Platinum Rig,” in which participants swing between ropes, rings and monkey bars without touching the ground. All of which leaves one question: Why would a tutu-loving 9-year-old want to do this?

The answer is simple. She was being bullied at school.

“People would call me names and say I wasn’t a good player,” she told the Miami Herald. “I didn’t want anyone else to go through what I did. I want to set an example and show other kids that they can do or be anything they want.”

So she hit the gym — hard.

Her father, Christian, owns a gym and she began training five days a week for three hours a day to prepare for the race, with the competition’s sponsors allowing Milla to compete as long as he was beside her.

“I’m fearless,” she told the Herald. “And knowing I’m inspiring people makes me more fearless. It is hard, but that doesn’t stop me.”

Milla had other help along the way, too. She raised money for her gear — $1,500 for compression socks, waterproof lights, gloves and hydration packs — with GoFundMe. “We have a lot of supporters, which is awesome,” her father said. “A bunch of members from the gym were there all day and all night to provide food, water, massages and a place to sleep.”

It looks as if she’s going to keep this up, too. She competed in her first BattleFrog last November, over a 15k course designed for adults.

“I don’t want to play video games,” she told the Herald. “I don’t want to Hoverboard. I don’t want to do things to make life easier. I want to be comfortable being uncomfortable. I have one body and it’s all I want and all I love.”

milla11.jpg

Original Article: This 9-year-old girl who completed a Navy SEAL-inspired race could crush you
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-3-29 21:35:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-3-29 21:46:59 |Display all floors
Good for her
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-29 21:51:18 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2016-3-29 21:46
Good for her

I think it's incredible... and inspiring.  Like you say... "good for her".
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-30 05:09:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by EternalTruism at 2016-3-30 05:11

This is actually very bad; kids have to work harder to get fitness results and this will affect their development. She is more likely to stunt her growth, have improper development, and joint issues having endured to much acute stress in youth they were not meant to.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-3-30 21:30:39 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.