Views: 10671|Replies: 29

Help the lady! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-9-15 20:44:02 |Display all floors
There comes another Chinese Valentine's Day when the couple, the Cowherd and the Weaving Maid, who are very much in love and devoted to one another but separated by the river Milk Way, are allowed to have the once-in-a-year reunion. Unfortunately, the magpie bridge for them to cross the river can't be formed this day because one magpie has taken his sick-leave.

On the Weaving Maid's side of the river, there is a boatman who is able to take her over to the other side of the river. The Weaving Maid comes to the man and asks him for help, but the boatman refuses to help unless she sleeps with him.

Now, the Weaving Maid is faced with two choices: one is to refuse the boatman's offer and lose the once-in-a-year reuniting opportunity; another is to accept the boatman's offer and then get the ride across the river so that she and her Cowherd can happily reunite.

Dear forumites, could you help the poor Weaving Maid make a choice?

Forgive me if anyone of you feels sick of the puzzle, but to some people I think it is intriguing indeed. BTW, this is a puzzle I adapt from a book about moral philosophy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 20:53:28 |Display all floors

Great puzzle ever in history!!!

I'm utterly amazed by your unique creativity!!!

Creativity: Star Rating out of 10 is 12 stars

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 21:47:29 |Display all floors

I will help her to send an email to her husband ask him to send another boat to

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 21:53:18 |Display all floors

sleepye......

no third choice. you're a lady, so it's your turn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 22:16:56 |Display all floors

coolmax, Iam sleepye, Iam not weavingmaid, I only have one choice, ie, good nigh

Referred to those ideas you pointed out in other posts, Im sorry to say that the poor lady has no choice but to commit suicide!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 22:17:50 |Display all floors

Sleep with the boatman

Before Weaving Maid goes to sleep with the boatman she should go and get some chicken blood and sprinkle it on her pants and panties. When the boatman sees the blood Weaving Maid will then tell him that she is having her monthly period. In ancient times a man will not have sex with a woman when she has her monthly period. So she can just sleep if off and gets the ride across the river.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 22:21:57 |Display all floors

according to western practice

she should sleep with all men available then sleep with the boatman to have fun. everybody has the right to enjoy sex. once a year is not enough. having sex with only one man all her life isn't exciting. LOVE is the most important thing. having sex with other men does not necessarily mean she's bad and does not necessarily mean she does not love her husband in heart.

and if the boatman is handsome and can earn a handsome income, why not try him for a period?  Distance is a killer of LOVE. Divorce isn't a bad idea. There're already some stories about a woman who finally got married with a postman. why not follow suit?

+++++++++
God, save her! she's brainwashed by western junk culture! a beautiful folk story has thus been ruined!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.