Author: sunnylin01

Are Chinese tourists really so bad?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-3-22 05:28:43 |Display all floors
whew! so happy to read that other chinese are not defending their behavior.

i used to think of such behavior as making a bad impression on the whole, but i've changed my perspective. one badly behaving person doesn't make the whole nation/culture badly behaving. it's when the majority are badly behaving that you need to start worrying. but usually good rules and the majority are good. some times the badly-behaving ones just get all the attention.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-3-22 05:47:22 |Display all floors
haishixihuan Post time: 2016-3-22 05:28
whew! so happy to read that other chinese are not defending their behavior.

i used to think of suc ...

How can this behaviour be defended it goes against all cultural norms to what is consided good behaviour

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-3-22 05:48:46 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-3-22 03:38
We regularly visit a buffet restaurant in Shanghai where the rule is waste more than 200g of food pe ...

We don't have this problem in Australia we are taught manners as children

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-3-22 06:33:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-3-22 06:36:09 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-22 07:21:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by haishixihuan at 2016-3-22 07:22
dusty1 Post time: 2016-3-22 05:47
How can this behaviour be defended it goes against all cultural norms to what is consided good beh ...

boy do i wish you were right. they defend all other types of bad behavior. browse the internet, you will see chinese defending their fellow people cutting queues and urinating and defecating in public. they will defend men who beat up their wives and men who use their physical size to bully others. they will defend physical intimidation, threats, harsh/inhumane punishments. the list goes on. though every now and then you will see some chinese crying out against outrageous behavior, but for the most part, too many chinese support bad behavior in general. i can accept that some people will behave badly, but for just one person to voice support for it, is already one person too many.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-22 08:02:54 |Display all floors
We have some hotels who will put a scale at the corner with a little note that says, "Eat all you can but left overs shall be charged as wastages". It works. Anyway, nobody goes crazy over shrimps.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.