Author: mbursian

Gory Warnings On Cigarette Packs ‘Not Consistent With Chinese Cultural Values' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-3-19 22:25:05 |Display all floors
I'm all in favor of the gory pictures. I smoked for about 50 years, ruined my lungs, shortened my life. Quit only 3 months ago. I won't live more than 2 years. So pour on the gore - even though it didn't stop me.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-20 06:26:50 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2016-3-19 22:25
I'm all in favor of the gory pictures. I smoked for about 50 years, ruined my lungs, shortened my li ...

How did you quit?  Cold turkey or cut down?  Any advice or suggestions to get through the withdrawals?

I've been smoking for about 45 years.  I tried quitting at New Year's and then again during Spring Festival.  The smoking and the air pollution have taken a toll on my lungs.  My wife doesn't understand the intensity of withdrawals or the symptoms.  She isn't too tolerant if I get cranky... that just makes it worse.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-20 21:47:44 |Display all floors
mbursian Post time: 2016-3-19 17:26
How did you quit?  Cold turkey or cut down?  Any advice or suggestions to get through the withdraw ...

I used Nicorettes nicotine inhaler. Google it. Worth the money. Capsules of nicotine gas - but no tar which is cause of cancer and emphysema. Very effective. I failed 3x before. This time very little urge to smoke for 3 months. Good luck. Your chances are better than you think with the inhaler!
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-21 06:28:54 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2016-3-20 21:47
I used Nicorettes nicotine inhaler. Google it. Worth the money. Capsules of nicotine gas - but no  ...

Thanks!
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.