Author: coolmax

Life and virtue, which is more important for a woman? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-9-14 20:22:07 |Display all floors

life is more important! but to protect herself is the most important

life is more important, but to protect herself is the most important.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-14 20:50:33 |Display all floors

Define what is virtue

Before a woman has to make the final decision as in this case, one must first of all understand what is the meaning of virtue in this instance.

Does a woman become less virtuous because she was raped? Does she suffer loss of face because she was raped? It is often said "good face" is what others or society bestow upon us whereas we "lose face" by our own action.

If a woman decides that what is about to happen is not her own doing and therefore she will not be condemned for it,  then she does not have to answer the question posed. She does not have to make a difficult decision. She does not have to jump.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-14 21:56:04 |Display all floors

philosophical question

what a sad story!

i understand this is supposed to be a sort of rhetorical question, but i would like to comment on xiaoxue's specific circumstances.  if i were a girl about to be raped, i might consider jumping out the window depending on how high it was.  it if were certain i would die, then i probably would not jump.  however, if it were maybe four stories up, then i might jump.  

as to the poster above who said it is society's fault and the rapist's fault ... yes, i can accept that.  but, just because the woman is not to blame, doesn't make it easy to endure the rape and subsequent "stain" on your memory.  definitely, she is not to blame either way, whether she jumps or stays.  it is difficult for her both ways, and she would probably be criticized both ways.

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-14 22:47:19 |Display all floors

selfish man selfish man

I  look down upou these man .in their mind ,their wifes life are little important than their  faces

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 07:26:30 |Display all floors

Society's concept of what is dishonourable, immoral must change

If society does not accept a woman who has been raped; if society still thinks that she is dishonurable then society is wrong; society must change it's way of thinking.

Having said all of the above it is my opinion that more people sympathise with, more people feel for the girl who has been raped rather than blame her.

I reiterate what I wrote above, a girl faced with a similar situation
                        DOES NOT HAVE TO JUMP ! !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 09:39:49 |Display all floors

Daushen , well said

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 10:02:55 |Display all floors

those men who have the idea of rape must be indemned

why the society always has so many rapists? Men should be indemned.
If there aren't rapists, women will not be hurted. They don't have to jump, or even to kill herself. Don't talk about women's life or virtue, just talk something about men's behavior. If men haven't so many impulse, women will not be hurted. Men should be indemned.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.