Author: wuzheyuamily

Are paper books really disapearing?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-1-27 22:39:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-1-28 14:24:09 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-1-27 08:45
Well I do not know about China but in the UK e-books are loosing their popularity and paper books ar ...

The paperless office never eventuated just another dream

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-28 16:10:36 |Display all floors
I like reading paper books, and I also like buy paper books, aithough I don't have time to read them. sometimes, when I see a very beautiful package, I COULDN'T help to own it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-28 17:44:31 |Display all floors
Ebooks are easy to buy, cheaper and good to carry around. One device can enable hundreds of books to be stored or acquired easily. However, a paper book is more valuable. It can be a treasured possession. The story or facts within take on added and real value. Picture books and children's stories can not be replaced by computer screens. They are necessary playthings to be handled and gazed at.
It is also unfortunate that the education system in China actually destroys students will and wish to read once they leave education, so a book can be either worthless or extremely valuable here (depending upon how you look at it).
Tonight I will watch tv instead of reading because it is easier, it is mind numbing, it is a warm bath that washes away individual thought and imagination..... bliss!
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-28 23:35:10 |Display all floors
zzxxll Post time: 2016-1-27 14:18
I prefer paper books to e-books.

E-books are only good if you have a reader and a power source...

I much prefer paper books.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-28 23:38:17 |Display all floors
lyeen Post time: 2016-1-28 16:10
I like reading paper books, and I also like buy paper books, aithough I don't have time to read them ...

I collect books with the hopes of reading sometime...

and sometimes I do judge a book by it's cover.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-1-29 20:14:22 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-1-28 14:24
The paperless office never eventuated just another dream

Wait while I write that down

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.