Views: 3910|Replies: 6

How long can a girl stay on a boys mind??...Well in 1979 I met a girl on a schoo [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-9-9 17:45:41 |Display all floors
when I was in High School. Her name was Lisa. We became bf / gf, but after 1 year, my family moved away. Later, I joined the military and she broke up with me because we could not see each other.

I remember where I was when she said goodbye. I was standing in a phonebooth in front of a 7-11 store in Virginia, USA. It was about 8:30 pm and had just started raining.

There was 3 girls in a car next to me and even though it was raining, they could see I was crying...and maybe they could hear me. They were laughing at me. The car was a blue Chevrolet Camaro.

I loved Lisa soooooo much; she was nice, gentle and kind. She was a christian and had a good heart and an awkward laugh.

Over the years we have kept in touch. She married 2 times. I saw her a few times and we talked about things, but we always felt sad when we said goodbye.

I have loved her for 23 years and I accept it as a part of my life. Real love normally lasts forever.

It does not keep you from loving another person, but it keeps a small place in the back of your mind. I am still single today because of my carreer as a sailor and ship navigator. I guess the ocean kept me from marrying,

I hope I can find someone in China who I can love the same way. Some say the Western man does not love.

It is not true

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-9 19:25:53 |Display all floors

Similar experience for me

I think I understand exactly how you felt and feeling since I have similar experience.

Love DOES last for a life-time although few people believes nowadays. Good luck to you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-9 21:49:27 |Display all floors

one

I thingk  a common girl can only swim in my heart for a year .If she want to swim more than a year ,my blood will poison her .It's man's mutual nature.not my fault!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-9 22:24:04 |Display all floors

Another similar experience

How long can a girl stay on your mind?  I guess for the rest of your life.  

I met the first serious love of my life in college.  We were very much in love, but I was not yet ready for marriage.  While we were separated for awhile when I did military service, she became friends with someone she worked with.  She told me that they were thinking of marriage, and we went our separate ways.  We have not had any contact with each other since then.   

Recently in a college alumni publication, I read that she eventually married her friend, and they are still married 40 years later.  I also moved on with my life, had several more gfs, and have been married to the same woman for over 35 years.  I still think of my college gf fondly, and was glad to read that she has had a good life.  The article also described her fondest memory of college.

It was the night we met.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-10 15:55:32 |Display all floors

Oppose your conclusion

"I hope I can find someone in China who I can love the same way. Some say the Western man does not love.

It is not true"

Oppose what you say? one simple question:
if keep you in a super city with many beauty girl around you, what do you think ha ha...i guess you must forget the girl who you love first time early.
After break-up, you never meet a girl, of course ...sea maid..

But, the girls who give you the first feel. And it’s hart to forget it to every body.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-10 16:08:05 |Display all floors

Oppose your conclusion

ha,ha...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-10 21:18:16 |Display all floors

It's a beautiful story.

I've always appreciated stories like yours.  We meet throngs of people every day. Some stay in our lives and some are merely passengers. We might pass right by a potential soulmate without even knowing ourselves. We may go on hundreds of dates with the hope of finding the one to spend the rest of our life with but never got any luck. It's just beautiful to find some kind of love like the one in your story. Even though you two didn't choose to spend the life together, yet neither of you two chose to walk out of each other's life and that's what made it beautiful. I always think that if you fall in love with someone, no matter what happens, you won't forget that someone except that if you're unlucky enough to have an accident and you lose your memory. Well my point is if you ever loved someone, the person would be in your mind forever no matter you're a boy or girl. That's what I think  though.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.