Author: samlam

Man-made sound pollution is around us [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-1-21 11:29:07 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-1-21 11:30:56 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-1-21 12:29:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-1-21 11:30
What amazes foreign visitors is that no Chinese ever complains. There is, of course, an easy exp ...

It is a pain in my mind. When you talk to the government, it has an ear to hear, or has none to hear. When you complain too much, the government might screen you when they thinks it aggressive. That's why Chinese people do not like complaining openly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-21 13:19:24 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-21 17:45:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-1-21 13:19
Maybe I should ask a knowledgeable poster such as you: are there any provisions in the law that ci ...

Horse Manure

Noise pollution is a global problem.Congratulations to the OP for starting this thread instead of another on dogs which exacerbate the problem considerably.There is no restriction on the movement of traffic at night in the West. I spent two sleepless nights in Vancouver last March.Garbage trucks can and do operate in some suburbs at 3:00 am.All night roadwork is common practice.Airports operate round the clock in smaller cities.Loud exhausts are ignored by the EPA who refuse to take action even when registration numbers are provided.Mowers,trimmers,leaf blowers,alarms,emergency vehicles with sirens,fireworks.I could go on all sleepless night.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-22 02:59:48 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2016-1-21 17:45
Horse Manure

Noise pollution is a global problem.Congratulations to the OP for starting this thre ...

I call BS on your "story". I live in Vancouver. Garbage trucks do not operate at 3 AM. Union contracts forbid it. The same with all night roadwork, unless it is an emergency repair due to unforeseen circumstances. Airports operate round-the-clock in most cities, not just some. The Castlegar Airport, for example, shuts down at 9 PM in the summer months, and 4 PM in the winter months because the approach pattern is too hazardous, with the mountainous terrain.

The EPA is only in the States, and their jurisdiction does not extend to Canada. Mowers, blowers, leaf trimmers, etc, are restricted in the hours they can be operated. Fireworks are pretty much banned except for certain events/holidays, such as Hallowe'en, New Years Eve, and the Festival of Lights (a world renowned fireworks competition).

We have noise bylaws here ... in ALL Canadian cities, towns, and villages. If you have a problem with noise, you complain to the local authorities. Your complaint will be investigated, and if it is found to be of merit, hefty fines will be levied against the noisemakers, unlike China, where you will be told to go away and stop bothering the clerk with frivolous complaints.

As for emergency vehicles ... remember your whine when they are trying to reach you due to a fire, or accident. You'll be glad they had their sirens on, warning people to get out of the way so they could reach you and save your sorry butt.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-22 05:49:47 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2016-1-22 02:59
I call BS on your "story". I live in Vancouver. Garbage trucks do not operate at 3 AM. Union contr ...

Best Western Sands

I did not say garbage trucks operated at 3:00 am in Vancouver. They did where I live in Australia until we protested. I defy you to get some sleep if you stay in a street facing room at the Best Western Sands in the West End. I don't live in Canada and I don't know if they have an EPA. There is one where I live. I call it the Exxon Protection Agency. They refused to take the details of the noisy car up the road.

Pretending the West is quiet is dishonest.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.