Views: 7211|Replies: 29

Man-made sound pollution is around us [Copy link] 中文

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-1-14 14:15:28 |Display all floors
We are living in an environment with much noise, especially in towns. Every one of us suffers it when we live in a town with large population. My office is in a building nearby an avenue with cars passing every second in the day time, even till late at night. I can’t stand the noise from the cars any more. How can people bear it when they are living along the streets with so much noise. Actually, it is man-made noise. As the town is growing up, more and more people have cars. So the current constructions of roads for cars are not ready to get suitable for this new change. For the sake of human’s life, we must do something to change it. Personally, the problems can be divided into two parts. One is the construction of the road, which should be functioned with noise reduction. Most noise comes from the friction force of the car and the ground. The materials we use become a key point. We got to choose the right one. The other is the cars should be equipped with silencers. We enjoy high-tech every moment now. Why don't our experts spend enough time to study it and make a difference. I believe technology can help us solve the problems.

There is another noise from cars. We call it man-made noise as well. Every car has a loudspeaker. I don’t know the criteria for making a loudspeaker. In other words, I don’t know what decibel it should be in a car, but I am sure it is one of the great noise pollutions from cars. Everyone has the same experience as mine that a car blow the loudspeaker suddenly, when it comes close to you. You will be deadly scared at the moment, for the sound is absolutely too loud. When it happens to be a baby there, he might be scared to cry. Is it a driver’s fault? I don’t think so. We should blame it for the criteria we made for cars. It is 100 percent too loud. Fortunately, it is under our control. We can do it right now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-14 19:20:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-1-14 21:33:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-14 22:15:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Donald_Trump at 2016-1-14 22:40

Well Sam, I attribute some of my hearing loss to living in Manhattan's heredity of loud noise exposure.
That and Hillary's Yap-Yap-Yap'ing giving me a headache, aaaaaaaaaagh, it's unbearable...
It's probably a combination of that and my television smashing on the sidewalk when I hear her hubbub decibels are actually higher than the noise pollution itself.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!  Rated R, Parental Guidance Suggested....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-15 08:15:54 |Display all floors
Donald_Trump Post time: 2016-1-14 22:15
Well Sam, I attribute some of my hearing loss to living in Manhattan's heredity of loud noise exposu ...

So we got to find out the solutions to solve the problem. When you become the president of the USA, what will you do?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-15 08:16:40 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2016-1-14 19:20
The Magic Horn .... As my wife calls it. Drivers seem to think it will magically make all their prob ...

Good idea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-15 08:19:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-1-14 21:33
Acoustic pollution.

Usually we just focus on air pollution, waste pollution, or water pollution, when we talk about pollution. Sound pollution(or acoustic pollution) has been ignored.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.