Author: gattosonia

Chinese pupils reenact classic oil paintings [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-1-11 06:36:12 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-1-11 05:55
This is not impressive what did it achieve time would be better spent studying Chinese art and cul ...

"All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy..." There is a saying like that if I am not wrong. A student's work is primarily to study but I doubt if a student works all day in a week. Impression is subjective. What impresses you may not necessarily impress me and vice versa.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-1-11 06:51:45 |Display all floors
rkn Post time: 2016-1-11 06:36
"All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy..." There is a saying like that if I am not wrong. A  ...

This is not study but a waste of time and resources

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-11 07:37:14 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-1-11 06:51

So you mean any expression or display o a student's creative activities is a waste of time? What do you understand by art then?

These kind of activities, rightfully named extra-curricular activities, are meant to take some of the stress of studying on students and are a common practice in any civilized country, including your loved Australia

Please note what the OP writes, they're students and their works are not meant to be 'professional' but fun.

You should really stop seeing anything said or done by Chinese people in a negative way.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-1-11 10:15:44 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2016-1-11 07:37
So you mean any expression or display o a student's creative activities is a waste of time? What d ...

How is that creativity it's just copying

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-11 14:41:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by rkn at 2016-1-11 14:52
dusty1 Post time: 2016-1-11 06:51

I find it difficult to believe that a student will study all day in a week. That is obviously not healthy. There is time to work (study) but there is also time to have fun, sleep, eat etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-11 14:46:06 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2016-1-11 07:37
So you mean any expression or display o a student's creative activities is a waste of time? What d ...

he fails to see the benefits of such activities. It is unfortunate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-11 14:50:37 |Display all floors
I fail to see how dressing in costume and reenacting a pose from a painting would "improve a student's aesthetic ability and help them enjoy appreciating classical art works".  Since this was a primary school, I seriously doubt the students were provided any background on the specific painters, their subjects, or relevant artwork from that era in art history for comparison.  Certainly it may have been a fun and distracting exercise from their otherwise mundane lessons.  If the goal indeed is to improve the student's aesthetic ability and appreciation of art, then it should have been an exercise in critiquing the master's works.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.