Author: pnp

An Expat's Proposal For China's Next Five-Year Plan   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-1-9 12:09:24 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-1-8 18:03
Perhaps if they were taught to be more honest about their history they could become better-mannere ...

"Look at the Singaporeans: Within two generations they have become the most sophisticated, cleanest, most polite Asians."

I must agree with you here!  Surprisingly, China has been sending its officials to Singapore to learn how to manage a city since its paramount leader Deng Xiaoping visited the island in 1978; but they have not learnd anything useful from their Singapore friends!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-9 12:13:29 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2016-1-8 23:10
""unfortunately China's education system is all about exam scores, not about character building, and ...

'I supposed the "character building" in western education is responsible for 500 years of genocide visited on the world by the west.'

As usual, you are trying to divert attention away from the issue under discussion, which is about social behavior(or anti-social behavior); not about failed government policies of some western states!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-9 12:30:17 |Display all floors
jordan_c_fan Post time: 2016-1-8 15:55
China's next Five Year Plan is to Fire Leung, head of Hong Kong because Leung's pLan is to overthr ...

I am not sure how many would agree with you that Leung was trying to overthrow the Chinese government; I certainly don't buy your idea!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-9 12:33:10 |Display all floors
And their disregard for law often results in disastrous consequences such as the Tianjin warehouse explosion and the Shenzhen mudslide, to mention just a couple!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2016-1-9 13:01:44 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-1-8 19:45
So you are saying that China's history is shorter than 500 years. A new lie from Poster "237" who  ...

China has 5000 years of history. If you read my post you'd know I was writing about the past 500 years of European history.
The Europeans have stolen three continents by use of genocide. This is the character of the Europeans.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2016-1-9 13:02:27 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2016-1-8 20:13
'I supposed the "character building" in western education is responsible for 500 years of genocide ...

I can write whatever I want. If you don't like it, that's tough.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-9 13:22:47 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2016-1-9 13:02
I can write whatever I want. If you don't like it, that's tough.

Nobody is stopping you from writing; but all at Forum have the right of reply!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.