Views: 25799|Replies: 71

Why Americans admire individualism thoughts?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-12-21 13:16:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by HelikesAdog at 2015-12-21 19:24

American people regard individualism as "individuality",while Chinese people think individualism is equivalent to "selfishness".Different culture backgrounds between China and America result in the different recognitions toward individualism.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-12-21 13:16:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2015-12-21 12:50

Americans are the furthest thing from individualists. They have all been indoctrinated in western schools and
have been taught to parrot the same ideas. From the first days in school they were taught what is "cool" in
commercials and would beg their parents to buy what was "Cool" in hopes of fitting in. Every few months what
is cool would be changed by marketeers so the capitalist masters could reap more profits.

Later Americans are indoctrinated with what a successful life means. Going deeply into debt to buy a house,
a car, and bet (invest) on stocks in hopes of being able to buy more crap to impress their neighbors.
It's called "keeping up with the Jone's". I can't think of anything LESS individualistic than this.

In the mean time the oligarchs that own America are getting rich off of all these miniscule success stories
of the peasants who are forever paying interest to the rich.

There is no other group of people in the history of the world who are as materialistic as the Europeans.
They spent the last 500 years killing people worldwide while stealing three continents from the native
inhabitants. Killing for land and resources is the defining characteristic of the Europeans and their
decendents in the Americas and other stolen lands.

Maybe you are mistaking individualism with greed and a lack of morals.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-21 16:05:02 |Display all floors
You know, man.Americans is influenced by the Christianity deeply which creed is equality,freedom, philanthropism and individualiism.They are more willing to believe someone can become a hero after hardworking while Chinese just thinks that you must kidding him or her even laugh at their eforts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-21 16:56:30 |Display all floors
Hey,man,you know.
Individualism is the very core of American culture and the main value in America.we can say that individualism has been influencing all the fileds of politics, economics and society,even the character of the nation. The self-reliance,Individual freedom,equal competition which are emphasized is different from the concept, and the orgin can be traced back to period of Renaissance and the Protestant Reformation.In the period of immigration and Westward movement ,Individualism was intensified.Although over self-centered canbring negative effect,from the whole historical point of eview,there is no big social events which violate the stable situation,this is because the concept of commitment has been in the heart of Americans for a long time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-21 18:51:23 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-12-21 18:44
clearly hacks trying to establish themselves (and failing) as non-Chinese.

I just want to know why Americans admire individualism :)This is my homework~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-21 18:52:35 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-12-21 18:48
I rest my case

But you should tell me the evidence, man. If you can't, I will let you know what is "Jiao Zuoren".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-21 18:52:54 |Display all floors
I suggest you do some research online by yourself first

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.