Author: StellaSong

Chinese couples still favor marriage at 26   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-11-25 12:27:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-26 12:04:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2015-11-26 12:06
seneca Post time: 2015-11-25 12:27
You did not answer my question, yet you pretend to be replying to my post.

I asked you whether pa ...

'I asked you whether parents really force their children to have children of their own.'

The straight answer is an emphatic 'Yes', they do that all the time; and this I got from the horse's mouth!  Young married couples not ready to have kids have been nagged into having kids just because some bored old parents want to raise grandchildren!  Go ask your Chinese friends what 'mama yao bao sunzi' means and they will tell you what you don't know!!  And look around you and you will see plenty of kids being looked after by their grandprents, not by their parents; another clear indication that it is the old folks who want the babies!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-11-26 19:59:44 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-26 20:52:04 |Display all floors
rkn Post time: 2015-11-22 20:17
life long sentence, it is serious. You certainly don't want to be weeping in a union that brings j ...

Somebody could probably look into your palm and predict how much money you're going to part with to pay for the fortune telling ruse.

Fastening seat belts and finding ways for marriages to last doesn't seem to always work in China where the divorce rate is significant. Maybe the happy couple need parachutes for escape purposes as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-27 14:33:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2015-11-27 15:09
seneca Post time: 2015-11-26 19:59
You have told us that before and I told you already that you have a noticeable dislike for child ...

'I do noty believe the PARENTS are nagging them; I think the young women realise the biological clock is ticking faster than they realised before they married. '

Go do a survey among young Chinese couples and satisfy yourself that PARENTS nag many of them into having children.  The biological clock ticks for everyone, but to be a mother at the tender age of 23, 24, even 25 is ridiculous. Many at that age haven't even found their bearing in life, no stable income, not even a stable marriage, and, lo and behold, they have become mothers! They don't even realise how much they are missing out on life when they become mothers at that tender age, babysitting, changing diapers, screaming and chasing after nasty little emperors everyday; that is their lot in life!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-27 15:07:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-11-26 19:59
You have told us that before and I told you already that you have a noticeable dislike for child ...

'I wish you would restrain your sharp tongue a little bit. Not every foreigner hates children.'

You should restrain yourself from making wild accusations; how many times must I repeat that I don't hate children?  Btw,  I am a father too!  I maintain that rushing in to have children under parental or peer pressure is not sensible.

I should also mention that the Chinese man faces a huge financial burden of having to feed his wife and a couple of kids, and in addition, feed not two, but four old folks!  It is so huge a buirden that the average Chinese man has to work damn hard to meet ends meet.  Only the real estate and internet tycoons have no problem coping.  
Since the average Chinese man can't get out of his obligation to feed four old folks, his only way out is to have less, or no children!  
The Western man like you, don't understand that.  He does not have to feed his old folks who can take care of themselves because they don't give away their life savings to their children to buy house and car, and of course they also have state welfare.
And to add to the financial burden is the shortage of children hospital facilities. It is common knowledge that parents got to stand in long queues to get a number to see a doctor.  In some cities the queues start building up long before the counter at the hospital opens, with parents and grandparents taking turns queueing overnight just for that precious number! (Source: CCTV)  And when they finally got to see the doctor,  he could only spare them two minutes because of the crowd breathing down his neck.
Looked at objectively, that bundle of joy, is in fact a bundle of life-long burden from the day the child is born until he is married, and beyond.  When the parents become grandparents, their burden does not end there; they have the additional burden of having to look after their grandchildren!
Under China's rather unique situation, it is perhaps wiser to have less,  not more, children!
Now that you have been apprised of the situation in China, perhaps you want to re-examine you proposition that children are a retirement insurance for the Chinese couples.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-27 19:48:55 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.