Author: mixamixa

Hong Kong vs. China football match   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-11-19 12:30:39 |Display all floors
guocheng2015cd Post time: 2015-11-19 11:47
English is not my native tongue nor my daily means of communication, i only started to pick up ab ...

If you abolish cantonese, I think you will only exasperate the problem, not make it better. You are just helping the protesters recruit. It's similar to the American heavy handedness of the handling of ISIS, all you end up doing is recruiting more families who originally weren't against you and yet now feel affected. It's human nature to oppose that which affects us or annoys us....

See exhibit A:

I now write cantonese with no capital

I don't think abolishing the language is a solution at all. Not only will it cause more problems, you are essentially destroying a culture by doing this, a way of life...Is it really worth it? If the people feel disassociated for the government, isn't it the governments job to therefore be providing a better service to the people? Governments are (supposed  to be) by the people, for the people. But in this situation, many people are against the tactics of the government. Looking at it from the other side, maybe it is time to change tact here. What works in the mainland is not necessarily going to work here...
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-11-19 12:48:23 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2015-11-19 12:21
If you think booing and saying "HK is not part of China" is bad, you should come check out the local ...

thought you were talking about sunday league in the uk...
I'm surprised Chinese talk like that, but sadly they must have copied it from the uk...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-19 13:45:25 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2015-11-19 06:21
If you think booing and saying "HK is not part of China" is bad, you should come check out the local ...

In normal countries the referee would stop the game, give warning and if they keep doing those things stop the game for good.

Next match should be played at an empty stadium.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-19 13:46:53 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2015-11-19 06:48
I'm surprised Chinese talk like that, bu ...

UK teams should not play international games.

We have enough evidence that some nationalities cannot behave while watching football.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-19 15:05:55 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2015-11-19 12:48
I'm surprised Chinese talk like that, bu ...

I was pretty surprised too. What's missing though is the poetic abuse that we the British sometimes throw at the opposite team. I feel when we put our abuse into song, it has more of an impact
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-19 15:07:21 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-11-19 13:46

We have enough evidence that some nationalities ca ...

My home team, Celtic, has won on quite a few occasions international fans of the year. Not all the UK teams are so bad.

But yes, some of them are awful, inciting riots and generally being a nuisance.
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-11-19 15:31:28 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-11-19 13:46

We have enough evidence that some nationalities ca ...

UK fans are now generally well behaved. The problem with FIFA is they always liked to punish English fans whilst allowing the turks, italions, and Russians to continue to cause mahem....
the last major football tournament in England passed off without any incident what so ever...
do you think everything will go smoothly during the next WC in Russia?
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.