Author: waveheatin

What makes Chinese Chinese? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-11-28 20:19:07 |Display all floors

freerange64

Let me see, now. How can I adequately answer your question: "Do you hate Bush?"

I will answer by saying that I think he would benefit some poor, rural Chinese farmer more than the American people, if he were used as a beast of burden to pull a plow, hahaha!!! :-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-28 23:32:21 |Display all floors

Bush

I can understand not liking Bush as our president but doesn't wishing his death go against all those wonderful things you were saying in your earlier reply? Not to mention being unpatriotic? I dont like him as a president, and I'll once again vote against him. You seem as though you would make and probably are a good ambassador for  the United States, so how about a little diplomacy. If you speak like that of your own country how can anyone think you have respect for anyone else. Peace

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-29 09:46:20 |Display all floors

You do not see clearly

How could I possibly be a good ambassador to the United States, when America is in the grips of a gang of warmongers who lie, not only to the world, but to the American people?

The invasion of Iraq was totally illegal and based upon lies. Before the invasion, Bush had already placed contracts with his corporate cronies to profit with the "rebuilding" of Iraq's infrastructure.

And you must remember that Father Bush, as director of the CIA, aided President Reagan in intstalling Saddam Husseing into power, in the first place. And have you seen the photo that is all over the place of Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense, Shaking Hussein's hand--both of them with big smiles--after he had sold Husseing weapons of mass destruction, including the poison gas that Hussein used to murder thousands of Kurds?

Furthermore, Bush is NOT my president! He is not my leader! I cannot stand with a criminal, a liar, a murderer! I am awaiting a LEGALLY elected American president who will represent the people of America and re-establish the good reputation of America.

The most of the FIRT 87 billion dollars that he is playing with will go to his corporate cronies. That is money that would have gone to medical care and education for the American people, had the illegal invasion not occurred!

So, how could I be a real ambassador for the ideals of America and have any credibility, when the rest of the world--including our closest ally, England, hates Bush? The rest of the world--including the west, does not believe one word of what Bush says, anymore! They are not stupid and as easily lied to as a lot of uneducated American people.

I am not a mindless Rush Limbaugh dittohead!! I am very ashamed of the American media's extreme right-wing hate and propaganda media that sells the Bush lies!

Patriotism, as you apply it, is mindlessly following an evil despot's agenda, although it destroys the ideals of a benevolent America, that is obligated to spread peace and freedom.

The concept of "patriotism" is too close to jingoism. I love America more than any Bush follower, because I my mind is awake and aware, and I have traveled and have seen that America can become even better, if it adopts the best of what the whole world has to offer.

Patriotism has nothing to do with attacking and exploiting others. Patriotism, at its best, is a pride in country and culture in a positive way, that we can help the weak countries develop and have pride.

If America were attacked, I will glady die DEFENDING it, but I would never waste my life unjustly invading others! I feel sad for our soldiers in Iraq who are wasting their lives, while Bush cuts their families' medical and housing benefits! And the military is not being given battle pay, either. Did you know that, Mr. Patriot?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-29 10:00:27 |Display all floors

Bush is NOT my president!

How could I possibly be a good ambassador to the United States, when America is in the grips of a gang of warmongers who lie, not only to the world, but to the American people?

The invasion of Iraq was totally illegal and based upon lies. Before the invasion, Bush had already placed contracts with his corporate cronies to profit with the "rebuilding" of Iraq's infrastructure.

And you must remember that Father Bush, as director of the CIA, aided President Reagan in intstalling Saddam Husseing into power, in the first place. And have you seen the photo that is all over the place of Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense, Shaking Hussein's hand--both of them with big smiles--after he had sold Husseing weapons of mass destruction, including the poison gas that Hussein used to murder thousands of Kurds?

Furthermore, Bush is NOT my president! He is not my leader! I cannot stand with a criminal, a liar, a murderer! I am awaiting a LEGALLY elected American president who will represent the people of America and re-establish the good reputation of America.

The most of the FIRT 87 billion dollars that he is playing with will go to his corporate cronies. That is money that would have gone to medical care and education for the American people, had the illegal invasion not occurred!

So, how could I be a real ambassador for the ideals of America and have any credibility, when the rest of the world--including our closest ally, England, hates Bush? The rest of the world--including the west, does not believe one word of what Bush says, anymore! They are not stupid and as easily lied to as a lot of uneducated American people.

I am not a mindless Rush Limbaugh dittohead!! I am very ashamed of the American media's extreme right-wing hate and propaganda media that sells the Bush lies!

I dearly love my country, and its great beauty, but I hate lying fascists politicians!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-29 10:04:40 |Display all floors

It's so nice to see

that the intelligensia have arrived.  Now I will certainly see the error of my ways.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-29 11:37:59 |Display all floors

I'm sure in your mind he isnt your president Blue

Dude, get a grip. Everyone knows about all the stuff you've said so your not educating anyone. These very things will make Bush a one term president. I really think your giving the guy way too much credit. Do you really think he is capable of all that? By himself? You should direct your anger towards helping to make the change and quit running around sounding like some militia colonel. It doesn't take a whole lot of education for us uneducated Americans to see a lie that was so obvious, and all politicians are criminals and liars.
I noticed you didn't mention one thing about the lives on both sides that were lost due to this lie. It's seem you think the money is the biggest issue. Well big surprise coming from a "successful businessman" like your self. Why don't you just vote in the next election and help make the change. The ambassador thing was me trying to find some good in your rantings. So quit preaching to the choir. The Chinese aren't going to get Bush out of office. It's our problem and trying to gain favor with other countries by wishing death on the President shows no unity or patroitism. Hell, you already said you hate the eastern part of the country. Tone down your language man. Let people know your helping to change this with the system that allowed you to be a successful business man. Democracy.

And, as an American, I have been exposed to many cultures and have adopted many of the good aspects of them.
Your words Blue. Now show us some of good, by not talking down to people. You'll be alright. Peace

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-29 11:51:26 |Display all floors

not the thread

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.