Views: 1739|Replies: 25

Should The Government Of A Country Spy On Its People? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-11-5 19:03:17 |Display all floors
Just read a story about Britain granting spies more access to citizens' browsing history. The country has introduced a new law that grants its intelligence agencies more power to gain access to whatever citizens do on the internet. Do you think it is a great idea and would you be comfortable with big brother keeping an eye on you just in case...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-5 19:07:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by rkn at 2015-11-5 20:35

If you don't do anything bad or wrong, there is no reason to worry about who watches what you do online.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-11-5 20:22:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-5 20:35:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-11-5 20:22
No, I would not be comfortable knowing that Big Brother is looking over my shoulders but knowing tha ...

yeah, on the bright side you feel secure knowing that the guy planning to rob you is being monitored but I wonder how they will be able to keep an eye on everybody. Sounds like a lot of work.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-5 22:14:01 |Display all floors
Somewhat sadly, I say that it's absolutely essential for governments to spy on their citizens. First, there is all the normal spying that is involved in ordinary police-work (criminal matters with little or no political content). Then there is the more politically-linked spying on terrorists (who may be citizens) and foreign intelligence workers (who also may be citizens). In fact, the advances in technology that enable the easier use of weapons of mass destruction (biological, chemical, electronic disruptions of essential computerized networks involved in public services like water, electricity, communications and transport, various explosives, and, finally nuclear devices) make it possible for relatively-unskilled people to kill millions and cause great damage. So domestic spying is an important aspect of public safety for all citizens. The problem is to provide for proper regulation and oversight to prevent this essential spying from unnecessary breaches of human rights.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-11-6 09:01:16 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-6 09:05:56 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.