Author: sunnylin01

Is a baby boom coming for China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-10-30 16:12:19 |Display all floors
Jim9 Post time: 2015-10-30 12:53
You have choices...do not make babies if you can not afford them.

that's what I'm talking about

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-30 17:55:14 |Display all floors
Bad news!  It means more kids urinating and defecating on public walkways and pavements, parks, etc fouling up otherwise beautiful cities!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-30 18:24:45 |Display all floors
Don't take the bait; having more kids means more problems for parents who are already burdened by lack if adequate healthcare, schools and social amenities!  Parents and grandparents have to take turns to queue for a number to see the doctor at childtren's hospitals, some queue overnight, even before the counter opens! Kindergarten and school places are in short supply.  
And there are other matters that concern the parents, such as child kidnapping, food safety; (got to hop across to Hong Kong to buy milk powder), high pressure education of the children resulting in mental disorder, with some kids jumping off school buildings!
And there are lots more problems relating to raising kids in China! Little wonder that many wise Chinese couples choose the D.I.N.K.S (Double Income No Kids) lifesylye!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-30 19:00:00 |Display all floors
Jim9 Post time: 2015-10-30 17:19
Chinese like their government...do you have problems with that?

Which part of like you do not un ...

yes.....
I have problems with governments cruel enough to stop people from having second child.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-30 22:28:42 |Display all floors

China’s one-child policy was the greatest social error in history

But nobody will be punished.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-30 22:31:14 |Display all floors
It takes 2.1 per family to be replacement level.

One child policy is slow genocide......besides breeding all sorts of unintended consequences.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-31 01:41:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cestmoi at 2015-10-31 01:43
myles.hagar Post time: 2015-10-30 06:45
2 children may not be affordable for the vast majority of couples. See what happens.

Many educated urban dwellers voiced the same opinion, that a second child would stretch their finance and quality time with the family, same trend as in the "West".

My concern is that the rural peasant population would as a disproportional %-tage take the opportunity to have a second child. My guess is many already have a second, unregistered child.

Increasing the population in China is not a solution at all.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.