Author: luxgum

“勉强将就”实在翻译不出来了! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-8-29 21:47:57 |Display all floors

to rovi297

Of course I am a Chinese ,I know my race. Three Caucasian friends visited me yesterday and I asked them to have a  look at tumujerome’s translation and your comment on him ,they unanimously told me they understood his version completely and yours was not nice and poor  .That’s why I say tumujerome’s translation makes sense and your comment on him is bad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-29 23:22:46 |Display all floors

to rovi297

看你在这里的帖子里称自己是老人,从年龄来看你也是这里的前辈,那就向你老敬一言.
我在国外呆的时间没有你长,英语也没有好到可以随心所欲地象你那样熟练运用piss off 等字眼来侮辱他人,只好用中文来表达,一来显示自己不是native English speaker,二来秀一秀自己的中文攻底,证明一名海外华人从未忘记自己的肤色,并以还能熟练地运用它为荣.
我在国外(包括美国)接触到各种华人,从本人是第四代移民,到从小随父母来海外定居长达四十多年的侨胞,对他们对中国文字及文化的理解和把握确实深有感触,而实际上,前者要么只懂几个汉语单词,要么完全不懂汉语,甚至在家中也说英语,已完全成为香蕉人;中国文化及其精髓在他们眼中已是一个遥远的词汇.后者虽有一些汉语的底子,但毕竟薄弱,在生存环境的挤压下,只见其英语的突飞猛进,看不到其汉语水平的发扬光大.严格讲,这两种人都不能成为优秀的翻译,因为翻译的实质是对双语的融会贯通.

先生在这里发的贴子里,其英语表达之地道,完全象a white-bone-demon,但对待一些知识的深度把握上确实显得作襟见肘.,尤其对待个别译者先生完全没有一位老人应有的风范,不仅恶语伤人,切脏话连篇,.这里既是英语学习者的乐园,水平自然有高有底,争论自然在所难免,但有道是有理不在声高,先生完全可以以理服人,谩骂让人觉得你黔驴技穷.
宽以待人,敬老爱小是中华的传统美德,我不指望你德高望重到让人高山仰止,但还是希望前辈具备一位中国老人(毕竟这里不多)起码具备的慈祥和宽容,好让晚生们敬重.piss off 这种泼皮无赖的语言,黄口小儿们不懂,嘻闹一番也就罢了,用在学术争论中让人怡笑大方且污秽了这里纯净的空气.
祝先生越活越精神,寿比南山.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-30 09:21:06 |Display all floors

pls allow me this little honor to say something, tks!

Hi, dear all,

so glad to see all of you are so serious about knowledge and also have a such strong sence of being upright, really cool!!! even in this debate, all of you are still hold the friendly tone even without the judge, really rare, and really deserve our looker's big plause.

i think debate is really helpful for us to get a deeper understanding, and also can get us closer to each other. sure, i also see some very jacobinical words from both the "pro side" and the "con side". and this is the only thing i am a little disprove of. (don't blame me for saying so, pls!)

i think when we debate, we should hold one view, that is : everything has two sides, so don't be extreme. cuz that will prevent us to learn from others.

so, lux's topic can be continue , but just let us change our thought to another angle, ok?

i really wanna learn from all of you, and wish this forum can always hold a very harmonious, friendly and also active atmosphere!

cheers!

Yours,
Melly

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-30 10:58:40 |Display all floors

:-)

Zhang?

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2004-8-30 11:20:10 |Display all floors

:)

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-30 11:38:15 |Display all floors

robert's version for your comments...

我不想成为你勉强将就的人,我不想成为任何人勉强将就的人。婚姻是很困难的...

Marriage life is difficult/not that cozy that I never force you or anyone to marry me/accept me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-30 16:43:30 |Display all floors

to rovi297

当我贴出了There is nothing wrong with tumujerome’s version ,it even can make sense to native English speakers.的贴子后,先生便骂上一句Does London hag like people to define or identify you as a pure native speaker? or just a white-bone-demon?意思是我自以为是a pure native speaker,并以此来评价tumujerome的译文.我告诉你有三位英国朋友看了你和tumujerome的贴子,这不是表明我要通过他们来判断先生的英语水平,而是证明我那句"it even can make sense to native English speakers"出之有据.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.