Author: BigWang

UK trying please China as RollsRoyce willing to share civilian jet engine tec   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-26 06:49:47 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-10-25 16:34
But that's because it's so easy to do, except in Shandong where the locals are generally taller.

Just been in Beijing for a few days, I was closer to average size there unlike last weekend in Guangzhou where I was a veritable giant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-26 06:50:25 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2015-10-26 04:00
FYI a batch of made-inChina Mig21 were powered by RR Spey, the Russian engines were crap and the  ...

Good look to RR, they are in the business to make money after all

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-26 09:57:00 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-25 07:26
The wally strikes again, yes, I know it is listed, yes my wording may have not been precise but it ...

I think when it comes to companies such as RR or Boeing , Lockheed.. they need government approval before selling such advance technologies to other countries especially if the tech can be used for military purpose.
It does not matter if the company is private or public listed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-26 10:48:16 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2015-10-26 09:57
I think when it comes to companies such as RR or Boeing , Lockheed.. they need government approval ...

Depends on what China is after.

For its time, and even now, the 3-shaft RB211 was very advanced engineering, RR figured right that the design would have a long life expectancy through gradual enhancement and adaptation. It would shorten China's learning curve development time by at least a decade and save hundreds of millions if they can buy the design from RR.

All comparable USAnian turbofans of the same era have 2 shafts, simpler gear work.

And why shouldn't RR sell it to China?

RR is replacing the 211 with the Trent.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-26 10:50:03 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-26 06:50
Good look to RR, they are in the business to make money after all

My sentiment
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-26 11:08:45 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-26 06:49
Just been in Beijing for a few days, I was closer to average size there unlike last weekend in Gua ...

I noticed the same, also from having to hold on to the hanging hand straps on buses: in places like Hangzhou, Shanghai and Guangzhou, I could crook my arm to reach them, whereas in Beijing I had to stretch out my arm more. I was informed by several people that southern Chinese are shorter due to more rice in their diet, while their northern comrades had more wheat based footstuffs to chew on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-26 12:48:29 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2015-10-26 09:57
I think when it comes to companies such as RR or Boeing , Lockheed.. they need government approval ...

The tech in those engines is not restricted and complete engines have been sold to China along with complete aircraft for a long while now, the only difference proposed is to manufacture in China, the same as VW and BMW do with their cars

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.