Views: 23974|Replies: 64

If you don't come home, I'll shoot you! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-8-24 21:23:26 |Display all floors
Many of you have used the metaphor of mother and son for the cross straight relation. The most typical one is: China is the loving mother who longs for the return of her son, Taiwan, who has been lost and allured by villains such as the Americans and the Japanese not to return home. The mother's patience is running out and her love and anxiety for the child accumulate day after day.

But here is an evident twist to the analogy that most of you fail to recognize. The loving mother somehow turned neurotic and psychotic, she now warns her son: "If you don't come home, I'll shoot you!" Oh, and most of the poeple who used this metaphor also never mentioned the background of the story, which is that Mother China never raised her Son Taiwan. Most importantly, her Son Taiwan knows little about his Mother. Increasingly, the only thing the son learns of his mother is that she wouldn't mind shooting him to death and taking him home as a dead body.

So I am going with this is that Mother China should show her Son Taiwan what she can do for him, not how she can crash him. The "if you don't come home, I"ll kill you" approach doesn't work! The mother should say to the lost son: "If you come home, I'll give you a lot of candies and I welcome you with open arms and open heart."

Change the rhetoric to win the hearts of the lost Taiwanese people!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-25 07:39:09 |Display all floors

great post

twchinese...

twchinese, what if twan don't want the candy?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-25 07:59:40 |Display all floors

Mike

Obviously, if your son does not want candy, you have no choice but to shoot him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-25 08:09:18 |Display all floors

good examples~

it does make sense.

it is really candy?   who will turn down the goodies....  

and if its really candy,  eventually they will know how sweet the candy will be

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2004-8-25 11:14:11 |Display all floors

twchinese

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-25 12:13:34 |Display all floors

speciosity

if my kid wants to escape from me and help my enemy, then i would try my best to convince him with peace first. if nice words futile, i have to shoot him before he murders me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-25 12:18:33 |Display all floors

That's something new

Coolmax tells that taiwan plan is to murder the mainland.

The island is set to attack and murder the land of approx 60 times more people, many being their families.

Terrible, zhende, terrible news.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.