WHY THE ATOMIC BOMB WAS NOT THROWN INTO THE SEA CLOSE TO TOKYO [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-8-11 19:03:29 |Display all floors
I want have answers.

I want to have reasons.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-11 19:08:22 |Display all floors
They have a judgement call

Truman was there. You are not.

Rest assured, this was one of the alternatives they studied in detail before the final decision.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-11 19:11:29 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-8-11 19:08
They have a judgement call

Never know, that they have studied that alternative. Are there sources. And most of all what was the reason to dismiss the idea ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-11 19:13:27 |Display all floors
NgTran Post time: 2015-8-11 19:11
Never know, that they have studied that alternative. Are there sources. And most of all what was t ...

Page 467 of the book.....the Last Empress by Hannah Pakula.....nice very readable book.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-11 21:22:05 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-11 21:31:46 |Display all floors
That's a good question but its easy to ask good questions in hindsight. I'll settle for the perceived wisdom at the time:  two nukes hastened their surrender or else 100's of thousands more Japs and allied soldiers would have perished by conventional war.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-11 21:42:17 |Display all floors
bleedinrite Post time: 2015-8-11 21:22
Why don't you exterminate yourself dude?

An account with command of English that runs from lowly  ...

Talk about lowly insects.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.