Views: 12130|Replies: 22

Chinese in Taiwan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-8-8 10:24:01 |Display all floors
Hello fellow Chinese in China. I am a second generation Chinese in Taiwan. My father came to Taiwan from China when he was 12 and he hates Chen Shuibien and the DDP. I urge all my fellow Chinese not to be fooled by the tricks that Chen Shuibien is pulling. He's draging Taiwan and China into a lot of tension only to benefity the Americans and the Japanese. He is continuously using the 500 missiles aimed at Taiwan as a propaganda to make us hate the Chinese when in fact, China gives Taiwanese investors a lot of tax benefits. Taiwan's economy cannot survive without China, and very soon, the world's economy will depend on China too!

I believe the best solution to the China-Taiwan problem is that Taiwan should acknowlege China and gradually demand China's military to protect Taiwan. It is much wiser to have Taiwan protected by China than the US because the US just wants to put Taiwan and China in an expensive arm race, which is harmful to both sides. Taiwan will soon empty its naitonal reserves with all the over-priced American outdated weapons. The biggest hurdle in the China-Taiwan problem is actually the US, and its manipulation of the Taiwanese politicians with cooperation of Japan. Personally, I would like to have Chinese military presence in Taiwan while the Chinese government let us keep our democracy and presidential election. Perhaps, Chinese citizens will be given the right to vote in Taiwan as well in the future.

I hope that both sides can develop our economies in a sustainable and peaceful way. While Taiwan can transfer a lot of the semiconductor and nano-technologies to China, China can protect Taiwan with its mighty military. We are both Chinese and Taiwanese embrace all the Chinese traditions, there's no need to be hostile to each other. I hope Chen Shuibien will be out of office soon so that we can really start a friendly relation.

While I take pride in being a Chinese, I still value our democracy and our elections with great zeal. I hope that upon reunification, China will respect our political system, maybe it will serve as an example for China. I believe that my fellow Chinese people are entirely capable of running a robust political system and rise to the world's strongest power again, like it had always been before the invention of the steam engine. After, Chinese has the most artistic writing and one of the longest civlization in the world. There's no point to destroy each other again because of the political and personal interests of some people.

Both China and Taiwan's economies have a great potential. China has already surpassed the US as the world's most invested destination. There is a lot we can benefit from each other, and help China to pass the US as the world's superpower. But all this requires both sides to sit down and discuss what's best for China's interests. I cannot reiterate this anymore, I'd rather have China protect Taiwan than the Americans. Because all that the Americans want is the lucrative military deals with Taiwan, while Taiwan can spend this money to invest in China or have a better social welfare program and educational system.

I don't know how much impact this posting may have, but I urge China not to attack Taiwan simply because one man, and one party (DDP) was able to manipulate half of the Taiwanese with the cunninng "attempt assasination." I still believe that the majority of Taiwan have great ties with China and proud of being Chinese, like my father and I. I also urge China to be more friendly to Taiwan in sports events and value local Taiwanese culture. The beauty of China is that it contains a number of distinctive cultures (Inner Mongolia, Tibet, Xinjian, Guangdong, etc...) And the Taiwanese culture is just a part of the great China.. it wouldn't make sense to destroy it.

We can benefit from each other to rise to the world's strongest economy!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-8 19:42:20 |Display all floors

???

Tai wan is a part of China, no matter its name is P R C or R O C.

so, this term "China and tai wan" does not make any sense.

It sounds as strange as "US and Hawaii".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-8 21:12:47 |Display all floors

twchinese

You, your father and his kind are a dying breed in Taivvan. The year end legislative elections might open your eyes to that fact, although I doubt it because it should already have been obvious from the ever increasing support Chen and the DPP are getting and have got.

I see you are one of the die hard blue supporters that believes, without a shred of proof, that the DDP or Chen faked the gunshot. You are free to pack up and move to China whenever you like, I'm sure the real Taivvanese won't miss you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-8 21:23:47 |Display all floors

an intellectualism will act like you

[quete]:TAIWAN gradually demand China's military to protect Taiwan. It is much wiser to have Taiwan protected by China than the US because the US just wants to put Taiwan and China in an expensive arm race, which is harmful to both sides.
   i think to say taiwan come back to her mother china is better

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-8 23:52:01 |Display all floors

hey i give him all my support

to me, whatever he believes is okay if he at least he came to the conclusion that war is unnecessary and doesn't resort to "come and get us, we will fight to the death!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-9 05:52:15 |Display all floors

STRAIGHTTALK YOU ARE A FOOL!!

You, your father and his kind are a dying breed in Taivvan. The year end legislative elections might open your eyes to that fact, although I doubt it because it should already have been obvious from the ever increasing support Chen and the DPP are getting and have got.

I see you are one of the die hard blue supporters that believes, without a shred of proof, that the DDP or Chen faked the gunshot. You are free to pack up and move to China whenever you like, I'm sure the real Taivvanese won't miss you.

1st of all dpp won by less or around 1%, so i would not say the blue camp is a dying breed.Plus couple hunderd thousand men in service were not able to vote under pres chen orders.(most if not all were from taipei and we know taipei is 75% blue)

2nd- u and ur green supporters can pack up and move to the south.Places like tainan.

don't get me wrong i love taiwan i live here.i got love to all people in taiwan exept  those taiwanese to say there not chinese..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-9 06:17:10 |Display all floors

straighttalk u are a fool

if china attacks tw ur pres chen and vice pres will be on the first plane out of tw straight to the u.s or a south amercain country.WHile our people will be fightin for R.O.C

and how would he have the money
-from the money he stole with his wife form the stocks.
don't be a blind fool straighttalk
and dont talk sh$t to ur own race that just ticks me off.
oh and ur family tree i say china

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.