Author: darling_zc

China—a rational people with courteous manners [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-8-13 18:35:25 |Display all floors

but

but we all need to remember that Chinese people, employees, land owners, economy all benefit from their investments.  Jobs were created, knowledge and skills are being transferred.  this is the simple fact.

Yes, their investment is not driven by their goodness of heart, or guilt from WWII, but more so by their monetary gain.

But that fact above still remains.

and also they can build factories in India, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc.  Perhaps not as strategic as China, but if Chinese people keep the hostile act up, like the incidents in Beijing and Chongqing, more and more corporations in Japan will think twice before investing in china.

So Chinese people, you need to wisen up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-13 22:39:36 |Display all floors

would you mind if i could know your city? Is it Dalian?

would you mind if i could know your city? Is it Dalian?

Yes, i admit that the main motivation of japanese investment is the huge profit.But China also benefits from it. In fact, both countries will boom through the bilateral trade, which is a good scene i'd like to see. by the way, i don't like conflicts and as my friends on said " to defeat your rival does mean to humiliate him." we are going to do something positively and courteously to prove that Japanese were wrong in history as well as now. your tone indicated that you are sill cannot calm down while it is ok because it takes time.
sino-japanese tie will degenerate before it gets better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-15 02:58:57 |Display all floors

In Response

Quote:

"You think Chinese discriminate others by group....what about Americans? What about YOU? Have you ever avoided someone because of their beliefs? habits? opinions? I bet you have sir. Dont be critical about others. And never ever make the mistake of judging other's wrongs while covering yours."

Actually, I haven't. And you can't say ALL Americans discriminate by group, because I certainly don't. Your response is actually full of prejudice, even though you claim you are arguing against prejudice. Your meaning is, because some people in my country are prejudiced, that means, I have no right to defend the rights of foreigners living in China? That in of itself is a kind of prejudice.

I was merely referring to the safety and the rights of foreigners living in China, most of whom are very friendly to China, but sometimes are caught in the political cross-fire. I lived in China for 4 years, and even though I'm very friendly to China and like China very much, there are some people who are automatically prejudiced against me because my nationality is American. Once again, I didn't say that ALL Chinese are prejudiced. But even if only a minority are, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be concerned about it. Why is it O.K. for Chinese in America to stand up for their rights, but foreigners in China are not supposed to stand for our rights, because we are only guests and can't interfere in China's internal affairs?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-15 03:18:39 |Display all floors

Re-Phrase

Not all Chinese are prejudiced. Not all Americans are prejudiced. Even if only a minority of people in the two countries are prejudiced, that doesn't mean that Americans in China and Chinese in America shouldn't be concerned about it and defend their rights. It only takes one prejudiced person, or one small group of prejudiced people, to turn your experience from a positve one to a negative one. As long as there is no violence or employment discrimination involved, we can just ignore the prejudiced elements. But if the prejudiced elements behave violently, we should defend our rights.

Since I have the experience of being a foreigner in China, I responded from a foreigner's point of view. And don't call me "anti-China." Actually, I hate Bush and the Republican Party, I like China, and I agree that Taiwan is part of China. But at the same time, I think Chinese society should change some of its bad habits and old attitudes. The most intense discrimination I've encountered was when I was walking with my wife, who is Chinese. If Chinese society is truly at the cosmopolitan level of high tolerance, than a foreign man being married to a Chinese woman (of the same age) shouldn't offend anyone. Right? To argue against this is actually to support racism. Why should it matter if a Chinese woman's husband is foreign or Chinese? We are all people, right? I would not be offended if a Chinese man is married to a blonde white girl. But why are many Chinese offended when a Chinese woman is married to a white Westerner?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-15 16:15:05 |Display all floors

You are a person who hold such narrow-minded!!

Our country has held so many international games, from the Asia Game to recent Asia socar cap.  Do you ever find any rule behaviour as we did this time to Japan in other games? The answer is no. Why?  I tell you why.  Japan is a country that did somthing in China, which should never be forgive in any time, no matter the past, present or in the future. When thousands of people have been killed in Nanjing, when handreds of thousands of chinese people have lost their loved home and become homeless, now what do you think of that? You think that we should clam done? or you think we did very ruled behaviour? Now, you think that what the Japanese did  and killed in china is nice, kind, and warm-hearted?  Now, again, I would really like to say that you are kinds of person who hold such ill-minded ideology which our normal youngsters and teenagers should definitely  feel yark!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-15 19:30:04 |Display all floors

company boom

Only Dalian do JP Co. inflow in? I am in Canton. Recently, the number of JP Co. is increasing in my city, TOYOTA, HONDA and NISSAN set up factories one after another , accompanied with JP auto. accessories following. Business circle like concentration, some other JP co. established simultaneously, JP restaurants are booming in every corner as well. The 83-storeyed city symbol building, Zhongxin Plaza, there are famous JP firms concentrate upon. Nearby, middle size co. also emerge this few years. This phenomenon not only happen in the 3rd city of China, but in elsewhere metropolises, like eastern coastal cities, for they practiced already. Though history and politics remain, plus people’s complicated emotion trigered with, the situation that JP corp flourish in the land will be continue despite people are unwilling being in connect with executive nationality of Nanjing Massacre. Although they are actually not the soldiers whom at least 75 years old above, their grandfathers, fathers or relatives may be. It’s hardly image people would express warm feelings since seeing the massacre photos. In addtion, I am completely not in relation with those victims, merely is one my father was born in Nanjing just the year (1936) before Nanjing Massacre, and the family escaped the city soon, afterall I can reason people’s feeling.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-15 20:24:39 |Display all floors

a blemish in ur message

we   China?
    China , is enough! so i  think ' we' should be deleted    from  the sentence.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.